Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I order my Tesla SR+ White/Black/18’ on 1/23
They sent me 3 messages every Thursday and as I am ready everyone else’s, it might be every Thursday too.
My first one was 1-6 Weeks
Second 3-5 Weeks
Third (Today) Model 3 to be expected to be built in the next 2 weeks
I saw a few of you also received that last message! I guess we will see how accurate that is!

• 1/6 - Ordered the car (SR+, black/black, 18" aero) was told 4-7 weeks (so between Feb. 3-24).
  • 1/20 - received email from SA that I'd receive the car late March.
  • 1/21 - Emailed my SA, to see if that email supersedes the 4-7 week original prediction or is it a mistake. He said it was a mistake and they should have me in the car in February.
  • 1/23 - text saying 3-7 more weeks (so Feb. 13 - Mar. 12)
  • 2/6 - text saying 2-5 more weeks (so Feb. 20 - Mar. 12)
  • 2/13 - text saying 2-5 more weeks again (so Feb. 27 - Mar. 19)
And the beat goes on... Truth be told, it's more or less what I was expecting. I've been thinking I'd get it early March. Maybe that's optimistic. We'll see.

Reactions: Machine8MM
Please don’t waste time trying to understand who gets cars before others. I’m sorry to report it’s really a F-up way of doing business.

what was told to me 4 months ago was once you get your M3 the wait is worth it. I love my SR+ but, the delivery has kind of scared me for life.

Hang in there!
I'm in SJ too. Did they deliver to your home or did you pick it up on Fremont? When I ordered on Saturday, it said "enter your home address to see if home delivery is available... which I did.... and then nothing happened and it skipped to the next step.

Ordered Tuesday 2/11. Black SR+ with sport wheels. Nashville delivery. Got a text today saying build will occur within the next two weeks. Here’s to hoping for a relatively quick delivery.
That's great! I ordered Saturday 2/8 White SR+, white interior, aero wheels, completed all steps including Tesla financing and uploaded proof of existing car insurance. Radar silence. Hmmmm

I am soo sorry that it is not related to this topic but I am panicking and need help and I know this is the busiest thread... My engagement ring fell inside between the A/C vent holes for the backseat (under the console box). Any experts here know the best way to get it out?? Would taking it to service the smartest way..? And most importantly, would it stay inside the space under???

I am soo sorry that it is not related to this topic but I am panicking and need help and I know this is the busiest thread... My engagement ring fell inside between the A/C vent holes for the backseat (under the console box). Any experts here know the best way to get it out?? Would taking it to service the smartest way..? And most importantly, would it stay inside the space under???

I’d just schedule a service appt if you’re not comfortable removing the rear center console. Good news is that it can’t go anywhere past the floor under the console. It’s most likely at the bottom of the duct for the rear vent.

F2B5EA3A-486D-448C-95E9-AA5216B3172B.jpeg

I'm in SJ too. Did they deliver to your home or did you pick it up on Fremont? When I ordered on Saturday, it said "enter your home address to see if home delivery is available... which I did.... and then nothing happened and it skipped to the next step.
It was kind of strange (I guess typical Tesla). Ordered both my wife’s and my car at Sunnyvale center and SA said our address is outside Fremont delivery area. We live in the very far south/east area of SJ. He said we needed to drive up to Fremont to pick up cars.

when the time came for that long awaited call the cars were ready for delivery, they informed me both cars will be delivered to our home. No pick up needed.

That was the first of several positive experiences that finally started (post order to day of that call was not a pleasant experience).

Expect yours to be delivered to your place. Delivery person will only spend 15 minutes with you then they have to Uber back to Fremont and rinse n’ repeat:rolleyes:

ATTENTION:

If youre waiting on a M3 (particularly LR or Perf) check out EVCPO. According to them, there are currently 616 M3's in Teslas inventory. Likely one with the same config you ordered near you or available to ship for $2000 additional.

That is all, carry on.

Tesla is all over the place with delivery timing and I got first hand experience of it yesterday:

• Yesterday morning I called Telsa delivery center at Marina del Rey here in Socal and the agent said to expect vin on feb 19th and delivery on the 22nd. Woohoo
  • Got a text yesterday afternoon saying "built within next 2 weeks". Staying optimistic
  • Got a phone call from a Tesla sales agent yesterday afterwork saying to expect delivery mid to late March. F my life
Same day, three different updates giving me 3 different info, SMH...

Last edited: