Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model Y too. Be hysterical if that arrived first...

YIKES

Feb 8th here... same car. I have a feeling we'll both be getting our cars mid-late March when West Coast deliveries go into high gear but I'm hoping you get yours MUCH sooner as you've been waiting so long. Do you at least have a VIN?

Nope. No VIN. I called my DC in San Francisco this past week and to my surprise the guy told me he had a “dashboard” visibility and it said my car will be built this upcoming weekend. It’s hard to believe anyone so I take it with a grain of salt. I always hear different explanations. In past these guys at the delivery center never have visibility but now they do? As I said taking it with a grain of salt.

Nope. No VIN. I called my DC in San Francisco this past week and to my surprise the guy told me he had a “dashboard” visibility and it said my car will be built this upcoming weekend. It’s hard to believe anyone so I take it with a grain of salt. I always hear different explanations. In past these guys at the delivery center never have visibility but now they do? As I said taking it with a grain of salt.

I thought the DC are not taking calls anymore? If they have do have a dashboard, then Tesla needs to update the Manage part on the Tesla account to see real live updates. Not just your Delivery Time. As a consumer, I would like to be updated every inch of its way.

I thought the DC are not taking calls anymore? If they have do have a dashboard, then Tesla needs to update the Manage part on the Tesla account to see real live updates. Not just your Delivery Time. As a consumer, I would like to be updated every inch of its way.

Apparently they are taking calls. I questioned him regarding the dashboard and he stated that not “all” tesla employees have it but he did have that function. Would be nice if it was more public but they do that to protect themselves In case of failure I think.

I just spoke to my SA, the car finished last night at 12:00 PM and I had the VIN in source around 7:30 PM. I just spoke to delivery and they told me the car already left the factory and is en route and I should have it soon.

I feel like this wait has tested me to my limits lol

I'm getting radio silence from my SA... I'm hoping since you're about to get yours (even though you ordered the same exact car 2 days after me in the same county) I may not be too far behind... :mad:

You will have a VIN here soon no doubt. Just keep checking.
I've never been so on edge about ordering a car before. Usually you leave a deposit, and go to a website that gives you an accurate description of where yours is in the process right down to "In the paint shop" and a GPS tracker showing the ship or car carrier.

So much mystery! Will it come in 5-7 weeks? The day I ordered it was 5-7... the next day it was 4-6... today it says 6-8. Will the door panels be aligned or will mine be pristine... or something in between? Will it get here close to my current lease end date? Will Bright Star Betelgeuse Finally Explode?

I'd like to think they engineered this into the process to make us so unsettled that when we actually take delivery, and drive off, we become giddy... and more accepting of panel gaps, paint issues, etc at delivery time because we just can't wait to finally get it home. "Dang, that sucks.... but it's not the end of the world and they'll make it right or I'll return it in 7 days"

source.gif

Last edited:
You will have a VIN here soon no doubt. Just keep checking.

I ended up stopping by at the Tesla Service Center and spoke with an SA and was told that my car will be out of the factory next week and I should be able to drive it by end of the week. According to the guy they ship the car right away and it takes about 8 hours to arrive at their facility. They then inspect the car to make sure everything is okay and update the software if needed and then it’s ready for pick up... So, you may be driving your car in a few days... They had no answer for why someone that ordered the same exact car a few days after me would get it a week or so before... Good luck at pick up and enjoy your Model 3!!!

I ended up stopping by at the Tesla Service Center and spoke with an SA and was told that my car will be out of the factory next week and I should be able to drive it by end of the week. According to the guy they ship the car right away and it takes about 8 hours to arrive at their facility. They then inspect the car to make sure everything is okay and update the software if needed and then it’s ready for pick up... So, you may be driving your car in a few days... They had no answer for why someone that ordered the same exact car a few days after me would get it a week or so before... Good luck at pick up and enjoy your Model 3!!!
I just got the phone call I have been waiting for. Lol. I pickup Wednesday at 430PM

• Funny
Reactions: Machine8MM
Ordered mine on 2/4. Pretty much just waiting for the call to whenever to go get it. So far it's been the initial welcome text and I have filled out all necessary info. Just hoping that by the time the car arrives that the incentive in my area is still around.

Last edited: