Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, it’s not “literally” but neighborhood for sure of 20k lol, give my man a break
I knew I'd screw something up...

How is it "literally" $20,000 more to go from the SR+ at $55,900 to the LR AWD at $65,990? That's a $10,090 difference, albeit a $5,000 loss in EV credit in Canada. $10,090 + 15% (assume highest taxed province in Canada) = $11,603.50 + $5,000 (lost EV credit) = $16,603.50 (literally).
Plus ur financing son.

It’s just crazy money for 100 kilometers in range. I’d rather save or invest that approx 20k $

Well you do get AWD and a full premium interior too.

But at the end of the day I agree with you. If those other things aren't important to you and you are only thinking about range, as a Canadian that money needs to be fairly disposable to you to make sense spending it just to get 100 extra km. I mean for half that you could buy and insure a whole other used gasoline car for the odd time that you need more range, or pay for a ton of rentals.

I'd say the average Canadian uses it for city driving anyway. My criteria for an electric car is to have a minimum of 300km on a charge, which the SR+ more than has. Currently I drive my ICE car to and from work and don't often go out beyond that.. So, plenty for me.

I was happy to buy a car with 200 miles of range (320km) when that was being discussed as the minimum for a practice full BEV. So I am more than happy with getting 400km now as the base model.

Anyone on the west coast around 12/1 order date w/w sport wheel receive VIN today or yesterday?
Still waiting VIN on this end. I was told it would be built this weekend but I should’ve received a VIN but didn’t see anything in the source. Not sure what is going on....

Just ordered a 2020 SR on 2/14 (wife's birthday... present to her).

Sales rep said most likely an end of March delivery date, possibly early April. I'm not in that big of a rush, but I'll be interested to see if does indeed take that long, especially once NA production models start getting built in another week.

Sales rep said most likely an end of March delivery date, possibly early April. I'm not in that big of a rush, but I'll be interested to see if does indeed take that long, especially once NA production models start getting built in another week.

NA production models are currently being built. Mine just came out of production and I'm awaiting shipment from Fremont to Canada. :)

Ordered 2/Ordered 2/9 and was told VIN will be available the first week of march. Delivey probably shortly after?? Hopefully.

NA production models are currently being built. Mine just came out of production and I'm awaiting shipment from Fremont to Canada. :)
Ordered 2/Ordered 2/9 and was told VIN will be available the first week of march. Delivey probably shortly after?? Hopefully.

Got to hear that. Gives some hope that I may see the car in a few weeks rather than a month away from now.

I asked my SR and he said the train will bring the cars on March 07 so no chance to get your car before that.
Did you able to get your car before March 05 or this is the earliest day?

I followed the link in the text message I received this morning and that was the earliest date it was allowing me to select. Anything earlier was greyed out.

Edit: Who did you talk to at Lawrence?