Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May/june!?!? You gotta be sh!tting me. Like others i am awaiting a SR+ and have already listed and found a buyer for my current car on craisglist. me and the buyer are both waiting for my model 3 delivery to make the sale final. I was going off the estimated 2 week delivery quote. Highly doubt the buyer will be willing to wait around that long. Great

Well SR+ will be delivered a lot earlier since it's similar build to MR.

I'm talking about SR- bottom of the barrel no option poverty edition. Looks like no one is ordering SR-. Also I didn't have reservation, non-owner, east coast. Delivery was giving east coast excuses for May June delivery timeframe.

Were you worried you weren't going to get delivery before June??

Only asking because I am trying to time my order for delivery in June to get it before the Fed tax credit drops again and before the PA rebate potentially expires

Absolutely I was worried! For the same reasons you listed I decided to go with inventory on hand to ensure the EV credit.

I work for Tesla internally and I can tell you there is no memo or real predictions on when these cars will actually be delivered. There was an article yesterday morning citing we produced only 550 Model 3's post announcement! The key about the price cuts was that the $2,500 deposit is non refundable. Paying the deposit and not getting the EV credit wasn't an option for me.

Elon was also quoted saying we will not be at "volume production" until Q2. Whatever that means...o_O

Reactions: Catman20009
I will cancel order if it gets too close to the expiration date in June.
Absolutely I was worried! For the same reasons you listed I decided to go with inventory on hand to ensure the EV credit.

I work for Tesla internally and I can tell you there is no memo or real predictions on when these cars will actually be delivered. There was an article yesterday morning citing we produced only 550 Model 3's post announcement! The key about the price cuts was that the $2,500 deposit is non refundable. Paying the deposit and not getting the EV credit wasn't an option for me.

Elon was also quoted saying we will not be at "volume production" until Q2. Whatever that means...o_O

OH NO! looks like SR- orders will miss the EV credit...

Reactions: sammyfan711
I will cancel order if it gets too close to the expiration date in June.

OH NO! looks like SR- orders will miss the EV credit...

Keep in mind if you cancel, they will keep your $2500!

Slight chance Elon makes another price cut to remedy the expiring EV credit, I woudn't count on it though...

If you don't mind spending a little extra money give them a call and look at the MR they have on hand.

Reactions: Catman20009
I'm also not sure on the fine print on actually receiving a VIN vs taking delivery for the EV credit. I would clarify with a rep...

IE you receive VIN May or June but it doesn't actually get delivered until July, playing devil's advocate here.

Ordered SR+ Sunday. Called in yesterday to change interior color to b/w for a little more pop on a blue exterior.
Change went through overnight.
While on the phone, the agent said the 2-4 weeks quoted is not likely, as it takes 2-3 weeks to get the car up to Canada. He did not have access to any data that would give further detail. Only said we are not operating like a normal company at present, and that they have plans for customers to see detailed order progress online in the future.

Yeah, honestly - as I'm up in Vancouver, BC - I'm thinking a minimum of 6 weeks, if I'm lucky. Their 2-4 weeks means nothing to me, as they simply cannot predict production / sales / delivery....they're just not there yet with even guessing what that curve looks like.

Update:

Changed my original SR+ order with white interior to order a MR premium black interior. Only paying a $400 increase for the MR! (2018 VIN)

I called and asked to speak to a rep who had knowledge of inventory on hand. Taking delivery next week! (Didn't want to risk missing out on the EV credit)

Also this article mentions that Tesla is not yet making 7,000 batteries per week on a consistent basis. Something to consider if you didn't have a reservation.

Tesla doesn't know where it will build the Model Y as it rolls out more layoffs and cost cuts

Nice! I might consider doing that, if I hear nothing in the next 2-3 weeks - which would make almost 4 weeks total wait time since I ordered same as you; SR+, white interior.

If they can give me a mid-range for a marginal difference, it does have better speakers!

Any issues you think with a 2018 vs 2019 VIN? I mean technology wise...the battery is same tech I imagine?

They assign the VIN when the car has started production. Yes, it's automatic, but it's only when you're close to delivery. You should cancel as soon as you're sure you can't/won't take delivery instead of letting it float around.

Got it...

I'm in a completely different boat and trying to understand how the whole process works. I want to order and take delivery as close to, but not after, June 30th as possible (and also going for a LR AWD).

From what I understand there are a lot of folks who are getting assigned 2018 VINs and rejecting them in favor of a 2019 VIN. So... are they able to get a refund if the 2019 VIN is taking too long?

Dude I know! Let’s be honest this car is a game changer, I feel like I’m a kid again.

I can’t tell you how many videos I’ve watched recently on the model 3, car detailing...I even ordered some fancy car shampoos and other crap I never would have considered before.

It’s going to be a tough wait :)

Here in Europe we’ll have to wait about 6-8 months more, so, as my friend Harry would say... you’ve got to ask yourself a question: ‘do I feel lucky?’