TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SR/SR+ Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by HelixSpiral, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Skmetallica

Skmetallica Member

Wow that is a steal, how did you pull off getting the MR at such a discount? I was going to order the SR+ but I would easily go for a MR at that price.

2. sweet8

sweet8 Member

I think we all would, lol

3. Bslate1890

Bslate1890 Member

It's a 2018 VIN they have at a Santa Barbara service center - from what I'm told its most likely a rejected delivery. (Financing fell through etc)

I triple checked and it only has 6 miles so I'm not too worried.

4. tiggerlu

tiggerlu Member

And you could always reject it, if you see anything obviously defective. I wouldn't worry either...and you're getting more, much needed range.

• Like x 1
  5. MrMassTransit

MrMassTransit Supporting Member

Looks like they have adjusted the delivery estimates on the order configuration tool. Now showing 6-8 weeks for the SR model and 2-4 for SR+. I ordered a grey SR+ with autopilot (but not self driving) last night and my profile still shows “within 2 weeks.”

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. SoCalMom

SoCalMom Member

Just put our order in for SR+ with AP (black/black/aero).
    It said they would deliver to our house, even though the delivery center is only 10 miles away. I'm not sure if it's because this is our second Tesla?

7. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I got nervous about the lead times for the SR+ so I had Tesla swap the model out for an MR they had in inventory. I went to pick it up today but I ended up rejecting the car. The body panels had gaps about as bad as I’ve seen. It looked like it could have been a 2017 build, except it had a build date of January 2019. I think it was probably rejected once, and that is why they had it in inventory.

The service center was pretty embarrassed they didn’t catch it before having me drive down. But unfortunately I had to place a new order and go back to the bottom of the queue and wait. I ended up ordering the LR model just because they said it would definitely get here within 2 weeks.

So somehow I’ve seen my order go from SR+ to MR to LR in four days. In the end I think I’m glad it happened though as I think I’ll have less range anxiety with the LR model.

If you end up going with an inventory model make sure you ask a lot of questions about why it is in inventory.

• Informative x 4
  8. Dave9M3

Dave9M3 Member

I ordered SR+, Pearl White , Black interior, 18" Aero wheels and FSD package on 3/1/2019 at 9:00AM. Order did not register and no RN number due to some website glitch but credit card was charged $2.5k. waited for $2.5k Refund.

Reorder SR+, Pearl White , Black interior, 18" Aero wheels and FSD package on 3/6/2019 at 5:00PM. NO Vin yet,
    Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date.

9. DavidP

DavidP Member

Oh no!!! Another delay for the 35k Model 3...

Ahaha!!! Just kidding ;)

10. Weedo

Weedo Member

Ordered my SR+, black, upgraded 19" wheels 5 minutes after the "new orders" opened on Wednesday March 27th. We're now a week and two days out. Mine still shows "delivery within two weeks" which means it will be here by Tuesday (4 days from now). Tesla still says (per a phone conversation yesterday) that it may be possible. But still no VIN assignment. And of course..........i sold my Stinger GT1 and it's being picked up today. So i'll be walking myself to work and the kids to sports until Tuesday when the Tesla *doesn't* show up. (I'll drive my daughters car until this unknown date....).

11. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Member

Delivery time is always 2 weeks out, until they assign a VIN, then its the next day. :)

• Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  12. Weedo

Weedo Member

I wish they'd state that. Instead it's "delivery within 2 weeks of order date". It doesn't say "from VIN assignment which could be 2 weeks, 2 months, or 3 years". Half joking, but you know what i mean!

• Love x 1
  13. reveille45

reveille45 Member

Just got the notice to expect my delivery of my Model 3 SR+ with EAP and FSD between 3/13 and 3/24. No reservation but current S owner on the east coast.

• Informative x 1
  14. J-Ho

J-Ho Member

Received same message, SR+ black/black, east coast (Florida). Wondering if this is just a generic blast out now :)

15. MX1000

MX1000 Member

Is this an email or you had to check your Tesla account?

16. reveille45

reveille45 Member

I received my notice in a text message. Ordered on 3/1 btw.

17. Sanny

Sanny Member

For me, it was 3/15 -3/27. I assume this is for SR+ black/ white seats batch for the east coast. Reservation holder, ordered on 02/28, but I think it doesn't matter - once the batch arrives everyone will get his car and not before.

18. J-Ho

J-Ho Member

Text message actually. No VIN available on my account yet

19. MX1000

MX1000 Member

Just got my text, 3/21 - 3/29. Day 1 reservation, already have a M3, SR+, SoCal.

20. mattgrizzly

mattgrizzly New Member

Received the same text message today, but ordered SR+ White/Black seats in Georgia. Non-reservation holder.