Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:

Changed my original SR+ order with white interior to order a MR premium black interior. Only paying a $400 increase for the MR! (2018 VIN)

I called and asked to speak to a rep who had knowledge of inventory on hand. Taking delivery next week! (Didn't want to risk missing out on the EV credit)

Also this article mentions that Tesla is not yet making 7,000 batteries per week on a consistent basis. Something to consider if you didn't have a reservation.

Tesla doesn't know where it will build the Model Y as it rolls out more layoffs and cost cuts

Wow that is a steal, how did you pull off getting the MR at such a discount? I was going to order the SR+ but I would easily go for a MR at that price.

Just put our order in for SR+ with AP (black/black/aero).
It said they would deliver to our house, even though the delivery center is only 10 miles away. I'm not sure if it's because this is our second Tesla?

I got nervous about the lead times for the SR+ so I had Tesla swap the model out for an MR they had in inventory. I went to pick it up today but I ended up rejecting the car. The body panels had gaps about as bad as I’ve seen. It looked like it could have been a 2017 build, except it had a build date of January 2019. I think it was probably rejected once, and that is why they had it in inventory.

The service center was pretty embarrassed they didn’t catch it before having me drive down. But unfortunately I had to place a new order and go back to the bottom of the queue and wait. I ended up ordering the LR model just because they said it would definitely get here within 2 weeks.

So somehow I’ve seen my order go from SR+ to MR to LR in four days. In the end I think I’m glad it happened though as I think I’ll have less range anxiety with the LR model.

If you end up going with an inventory model make sure you ask a lot of questions about why it is in inventory.

I ordered SR+, Pearl White , Black interior, 18" Aero wheels and FSD package on 3/1/2019 at 9:00AM. Order did not register and no RN number due to some website glitch but credit card was charged $2.5k. waited for $2.5k Refund.

Reorder SR+, Pearl White , Black interior, 18" Aero wheels and FSD package on 3/6/2019 at 5:00PM. NO Vin yet,
Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date.

Ordered my SR+, black, upgraded 19" wheels 5 minutes after the "new orders" opened on Wednesday March 27th. We're now a week and two days out. Mine still shows "delivery within two weeks" which means it will be here by Tuesday (4 days from now). Tesla still says (per a phone conversation yesterday) that it may be possible. But still no VIN assignment. And of course..........i sold my Stinger GT1 and it's being picked up today. So i'll be walking myself to work and the kids to sports until Tuesday when the Tesla *doesn't* show up. (I'll drive my daughters car until this unknown date....).

Ordered my SR+, black, upgraded 19" wheels 5 minutes after the "new orders" opened on Wednesday March 27th. We're now a week and two days out. Mine still shows "delivery within two weeks" which means it will be here by Tuesday (4 days from now). Tesla still says (per a phone conversation yesterday) that it may be possible. But still no VIN assignment. And of course..........i sold my Stinger GT1 and it's being picked up today. So i'll be walking myself to work and the kids to sports until Tuesday when the Tesla *doesn't* show up. (I'll drive my daughters car until this unknown date....).

Delivery time is always 2 weeks out, until they assign a VIN, then its the next day. :)

Received same message, SR+ black/black, east coast (Florida). Wondering if this is just a generic blast out now :)
For me, it was 3/15 -3/27. I assume this is for SR+ black/ white seats batch for the east coast. Reservation holder, ordered on 02/28, but I think it doesn't matter - once the batch arrives everyone will get his car and not before.