Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 2D087B60-5E9D-4229-AD65-262DBA212FAF.jpeg
    2D087B60-5E9D-4229-AD65-262DBA212FAF.jpeg
    603.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 4662853D-B86A-4C34-8992-E68FAB193019.jpeg
    4662853D-B86A-4C34-8992-E68FAB193019.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: ElectrekPanda
Has a pure SR OR (SR-) however you would like to call it actually been delivered yet?

Not to my knowledge. Elon indicated they would not be ramping up for basic SR, until June. I don’t think anybody has even seen one. Some of the final spec’s like exact weight are still unknown.

Sound like the factory is building for Europe this month, so they don’t get stuck with a bunch of in transit vehicles at the end of the quarter. They will likely get back to the SR+ and LR for North America next month, as it is high volume with some margin, and they appear to have a significant back log to eat into. Finally in June they could go full tilt on the SR basic.

We got the Model 3 Standard Range Plus in a white today afternoon from my store in western PA. The VIN is from the newest production batch. We didn’t notice any issues with the paint. No visible panel gaps or cosmetic issues.

The delivery and paperwork took us just over 30 minutes and we were able to drive out of there right after.

The first drive home was as expected - fun. More to come as we prepare for our cross country drive in two weeks by getting used to the vehicle.

The dumbest thing is the cell phone cable management. It is probably the worst design I’ve ever seen in any car. My iPhone XS Max with a slim case does not fit vertically with the cable attached to it. I’ll just wait for the wireless pad to become available again. The cable management is unusable as is. As annoyed as I am about that, I get that it’s certainly not a deal breaker so moving on.

We got the Model 3 Standard Range Plus in a white today afternoon from my store in western PA. The VIN is from the newest production batch. We didn’t notice any issues with the paint. No visible panel gaps or cosmetic issues.

The delivery and paperwork took us just over 30 minutes and we were able to drive out of there right after.

The first drive home was as expected - fun. More to come as we prepare for our cross country drive in two weeks by getting used to the vehicle.

The dumbest thing is the cell phone cable management. It is probably the worst design I’ve ever seen in any car. My iPhone XS Max with a slim case does not fit vertically with the cable attached to it. I’ll just wait for the wireless pad to become available again. The cable management is unusable as is. As annoyed as I am about that, I get that it’s certainly not a deal breaker so moving on.

Enjoy your car and please continue to give your feedback here, it is interesting to get opinion from recent Tesla customers that are just moving to electric.
Do you mind sharing a picture of the phone dock in the SR+? Haven't had a chance to look at what's potentially different vs premium interior (my iPhone XS Max fits easily in it).

Feeling a lot better now about the phone cable management situation - I stand corrected. I didn’t realize that the narrow horizontal plastic strip from the topmost center console comes off when slid to the left and the charging cable can then be properly installed so that the lightening port faces upward and is snug. The iPhone XS Max fits vertically just fine.

However, it is not that elegant and feels flimsy. And it takes bit getting used to to find exactly where the phone should be placed and pushed down so that it starts charging.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
When I bought my model S, they made me pay by check for my down payment. Did you just ask and they let you use a credit card easily or did you have to push?
Was this 6K in addition to the 2.5 K online as a deposit
When they called me to set up the appointment for delivery they reassured that it's only a money order or cashier's check would be accepted but I talked to two different people at the delivery Center that both said they would take a credit card. When I got there the guy told me no credit cards but I told him that's all I have and I was told it would be accepted and he said since it's the end of the quarter they're just going to make it happen. I paid 6000 total which includes the original $1,000 deposit and the $2,500 down when buying the car online.

Have you tried the docking without a case? I believe it was designed to fit phones (particularly iPhones) without cases

I still have an iPhone 7 and when I put my phone in the charger dock it fit perfect plugged in (no case)

Something to maybe watch out for in Maryland: Telsa registered my SR+ as > 3,700 pound shipping weight. I am not sure how the shipping weight is calculated, but the car weighs about 3,627 pounds, according to the Tesla web site (I have not weighed it yet). So every two years I will pay Maryland $187 instead of $135. Not sure about this, but it seems possibly wrong to me - i.e. I got caught up in the transition to Tesla having SR and SR+ in addition to the LR models. Not a big deal, but irks me a little. Also, this mistake (if it is a mistake) would prevent me from transferring my plates from my previous car (registered as < 3,700 pounds), which would save some fees. (Sorry to even mention this to the folks in higher fee states...)

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Something to maybe watch out for in Maryland: Telsa registered my SR+ as > 3,700 pound shipping weight. I am not sure how the shipping weight is calculated, but the car weighs about 3,627 pounds, according to the Tesla web site (I have not weighed it yet). So every two years I will pay Maryland $187 instead of $135. Not sure about this, but it seems possibly wrong to me - i.e. I got caught up in the transition to Tesla having SR and SR+ in addition to the LR models. Not a big deal, but irks me a little. Also, this mistake (if it is a mistake) would prevent me from transferring my plates from my previous car (registered as < 3,700 pounds), which would save some fees. (Sorry to even mention this to the folks in higher fee states...)

Did you take delivery from Tysons/Rockville Or have delivery straight to your door? We're waiting on our Maryland registration now and applied for a plate transfer from a small ICE car...

Speak of the devil. Just got my registration in the mail. +3700 for Gross Vehicle Weight as well. But the good news is they had no trouble with the tag transfer since it's still Vehicle Class A.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Did you take delivery from Tysons/Rockville Or have delivery straight to your door? We're waiting on our Maryland registration now and applied for a plate transfer from a small ICE car...

Speak of the devil. Just got my registration in the mail. +3700 for Gross Vehicle Weight as well. But the good news is they had no trouble with the tag transfer since it's still Vehicle Class A.

I took delivery at the Rockville Service Center. Folks there were not helpful regarding registration or anything else - they just wanted me out of there. Thank you for info about your Maryland tag transfer - I guess the 3,700 pound boundary is only a sub-class of "A" for the purpose of the fee amount.

We put a deposit down on SR on April 3, 2016 and were encouraged through email and phone to place our order in early March, 2019. We made the tough decision to go up to the SR+ (tough in that we were already stretching ourselves financially). We decided to place our order on March 15 and received an email with our VIN on March 18. On March 22, they informed us that delivery to home by carrier (no dealers in MI) would likely be in early April but that they would give us a free wall charger if we drove the 4 hours to the Westmont, IL location. We did so on March 24 and were glad we did to get the in the seat tutorial. I assume that they threw in the wall charger to entice us to help meet 1Q delivery numbers. We had a few issues to address, including a broken sensor on the back passenger side and when the mobile service came out in early April, he was surprised that our M3's "birthdate" was on March 14, 10 days before we picked it up. Not sure if that means when final assembly took place but his surprise and comment that they were really cranking them out leads me to believe something like that. We are still waiting on the free wall charger but really enjoy the car. As others have mentioned, our black M3 came with a number of swirl micro-scratches.

Reactions: Mr X
Reduced demand on gasoline might just have an dimming effect on Middle East - fueled terrorism. Lives on both ends may improve in light of that. I may be reaching here but just a thought.

Oh I'm certain that once demand for Middle Eastern oil craters, they will simply love being irrelevant. I'm sure they won't be angrier than they are now.

$40,500 for my config of SR+ with black exterior and white interior along with no other upgrades

2 months ago it was $38,000

Increase of $2,500 in 2 months

Did not and still do not want Autopilot so that price increase with Autopilot standard doesn't help me

I've had this feeling that I should wait a little until I pull the trigger on a 3. And so far, seems good that I haven't yet, or should I have?

Wonder if SR+ in the beginning was the cheapest it could be or maybe it could drop price by later this year... guess I'll keep waiting and saving while driving my Smart ED in the meantime

I want that white interior so bad

$40,500 for my config of SR+ with black exterior and white interior along with no other upgrades

2 months ago it was $38,000

Increase of $2,500 in 2 months

Did not and still do not want Autopilot so that price increase with Autopilot standard doesn't help me

I've had this feeling that I should wait a little until I pull the trigger on a 3. And so far, seems good that I haven't yet, or should I have?

Wonder if SR+ in the beginning was the cheapest it could be or maybe it could drop price by later this year... guess I'll keep waiting and saving while driving my Smart ED in the meantime

I want that white interior so bad

You will really like "traffic aware cruise control" in any non-trivial amount of traffic, and the lane keeping is very beneficial on road trips.

Got my SR+ Thursday evening. Compared to the LR I received in July, I'd say build quality is equal to our first one. July's arrived with paint blemishes that were in the clear coat. The SR+ arrived with damage to a panel, like someone scraped it while pulling in to something and catching the fender on the way. I'm bringing it to our detailer today to see if it can be buffed out. Overall the SR+ arrived in much better condition but was delivered in an exposed trailer and not enclosed so it's completely covered in bugs.

LR had some minor panel gaps, mainly with the hood. SR+ doesn't have any noticeable panel gaps but our passenger windows are misaligned to the point that driving sounds like a window is open because there's about a 1/4" gap between the weather stripping in the window.

SR+ audio is not great, sound is only coming from the front speakers and only sounds to be coming from the lower door speakers. It's an older software version so I'm hoping once I actually have the Immersive Sound setting it will at least sound a little bit better.

The SR+ driving does not feel as smooth but maybe tire pressure adjustments will help. I feel quite a bit of road feedback through the pedal but it's one of those things that's pretty difficult to explain and will probably be even harder to diagnose. Thoughts on if pressure increase or decrease could help?

Not stoked that the cars still require a service appointment and possibly paint repairs upon delivery, but overall very happy with the car!

Got my SR+ Thursday evening. Compared to the LR I received in July, I'd say build quality is equal to our first one. July's arrived with paint blemishes that were in the clear coat. The SR+ arrived with damage to a panel, like someone scraped it while pulling in to something and catching the fender on the way. I'm bringing it to our detailer today to see if it can be buffed out. Overall the SR+ arrived in much better condition but was delivered in an exposed trailer and not enclosed so it's completely covered in bugs.

LR had some minor panel gaps, mainly with the hood. SR+ doesn't have any noticeable panel gaps but our passenger windows are misaligned to the point that driving sounds like a window is open because there's about a 1/4" gap between the weather stripping in the window.

SR+ audio is not great, sound is only coming from the front speakers and only sounds to be coming from the lower door speakers. It's an older software version so I'm hoping once I actually have the Immersive Sound setting it will at least sound a little bit better.

The SR+ driving does not feel as smooth but maybe tire pressure adjustments will help. I feel quite a bit of road feedback through the pedal but it's one of those things that's pretty difficult to explain and will probably be even harder to diagnose. Thoughts on if pressure increase or decrease could help?

Not stoked that the cars still require a service appointment and possibly paint repairs upon delivery, but overall very happy with the car!

So the SR + have inmersive sound? Weird how it only sounds from lower speakers did you check the settings?