Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you trade in your car to whoever sells you a new car, the value of your trade in reduces the price of your new car (and therefore you pay less sales tax.

Eg, where I live, sales tax is 13%. Therefore, to be worth it (not counting the convenience factor), an offer to buy your old car should be a least 13% more than a trade in value.
Should be noted that at least here in the US, the tax benefit highly depends on which state you live in—for example: Virginia does not reduce your tax liability for vehicle trade in.

Reactions: JMO_Tes_Newbie
Oh Oh Oh Oh

Found the following and placed a order... It's not all Black but White was my second inline for a color if I could get a car that was a DEMO and it wasn't Black

NO REGRETS!!!!

$1000 - Shipping from Dallas

Included
Front and Back Heated Seats
1 Year of Tesla Connectivity
Price Adjustment (-$260)
(I'd say with the above included it almost pays for the $1000 shipping, since I was going to buy the back seat heaters because of Michigan weather and I was also going to buy the Tesla Connectivity)

Just need to call Tesla to remove the FSD and the price is right where I need it :D

2021 LR White | Black Interior | No FSD

Daily EDD change. Ordered 5/22, white/black. Latest the past couple days was July 5 - August 14, yesterday July 9 - August 18. Today July 9 - July 29. Be interesting to see if I get a VIN in the next couple days. They said end of June, early July at the latest when I ordered and they’re still saying late June. Figure I’ll have to get a VIN soon if end of June will be a reality.

Daily EDD change. Ordered 5/22, white/black. Latest the past couple days was July 5 - August 14, yesterday July 9 - August 18. Today July 9 - July 29. Be interesting to see if I get a VIN in the next couple days. They said end of June, early July at the latest when I ordered and they’re still saying late June. Figure I’ll have to get a VIN soon if end of June will be a reality.
Ordered same day as you with the same config, but I have FSD.

I've been hanging around June (only a couple of days w/July), been losing a day each day this week: 18, 19, 20 (as of today)

So I'm still holding out accepting the TeslaVision change while I try to pry an update out of GM about my buyback case. Interestingly enough, even though I was assigned a VIN Saturday night, I still haven't heard a peep from anyone at Tesla or the Owings Mills store about taking delivery. Now off to leave more voicemails and annoyed emails to GM...

I'm officially back on the June 1-day change train. After the concern of 9-13 weeks on Saturday, the EDD progressively went from Jun 26-30 on Sunday to Jun 28-30 today.

Ordered 5/14, SR+ blue/black, no FSD. Ready for the VIN!
Similar EDD change today for me. Yesterday my EDD was July 19th-Aug 9th. Today went to June 28-June 30. No VIN or TV notification though. Fingers crossed. But knowing how this works won't be surprised if EDD jumps to August again tomorrow hah.

That is correct. I *THINK* it may be the same as a tesla advisor. The Tesla Advisor is the one who reached out to me after I placed the order on the website. I didn't physically visit any service center.

I sent my Tesla Advisor an email yesterday asking about if I would get my VIN soon (EDD 6/18 - 6/30) and he didn't answer. I will call him later today but I'm getting real anxious.

Ordered 5/4: SR+ White/Black.

Original estimate was 6-8 weeks. For the last week or so the EDD has been end of July to end of August.

I ordered online and no SA has ever reached out to me.
Ordered 5/8: SR+ White/Black online from OC SoCal. My EDD as I stated is 6/18-6/30. Wonder why your EDD is later than mine when you ordered before me. Maybe its where you live?

In any case, a Tesla Advisor called me when I was looking online and he actually convinced me to order it that day. He gave me phone number and name of someone else from the Inside Operation team as support early on. Unless that person is a SA, no SA has ever reached out to me either.

Ordered 5/8: SR+ White/Black online from OC SoCal. My EDD as I stated is 6/18-6/30. Wonder why your EDD is later than mine when you ordered before me. Maybe its where you live?

In any case, a Tesla Advisor called me when I was looking online and he actually convinced me to order it that day. He gave me phone number and name of someone else from the Inside Operation team as support early on. Unless that person is a SA, no SA has ever reached out to me either.
Lots of April orders still waiting. A bunch of theories thrown around as to why later orders are being fulfilled first but it likely comes down to poorly run logistics and wanting the more expensive cars sold first (i.e. SR+ price was hiked $1000 since I ordered on 5/3).

Lots of April orders still waiting. A bunch of theories thrown around as to why later orders are being fulfilled first but it likely comes down to poorly run logistics and wanting the more expensive cars sold first (i.e. SR+ price was hiked $1000 since I ordered on 5/3).
Just talked to a SA and was told that the SR+ aren’t as high priority as the LR or Performance. That lines up with your profit related idea for the 1k increase units. Was also told that they would try to have it to me by the end of June. Lol try… I ordered on 4/13 btw.

Reactions: jondy1703
Just talked to a SA and was told that the SR+ aren’t as high priority as the LR or Performance. That lines up with your profit related idea for the 1k increase units. Was also told that they would try to have it to me by the end of June. Lol try… I ordered on 4/13 btw.
I hope you get it soon. Personally I feel like mine will be more like an August/September delivery due to the low priority you heard about and the fact that they don't deliver a lot in NA until the third month of the quarter.

Has anyone received this email:
Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment
Fast track your delivery by providing final payment and completing your pre-delivery tasks.
GO TO ACCOUNT

I go into my account and there's nothing to make a final payment, nor do I have a pick up date scheduled yet 🤷‍♀️

Just got the TV prompt and the VIN assignment!!

The EDD also changed back to 9-13 weeks so I called the Indianapolis Tesla dealership where I'm taking delivery. Rachel was extremely helpful and verified the car just came off the line in Fremont and awaiting transport. My car will take a train to Chicago then a 3rd-party transport to Indianapolis. She expects the transport to take approximately 2 weeks.

Once again for reference, ordered 5/14 SR+ Blue exterior/Black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD