Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I went to Tesla today to take delivery of my new Model 3 SR+ Black/Black 18” Aero wheels w/ FSD. First thing I noticed was a huge crack in the windshield, unable to take delivery of the car. Huge disappointment but glad we noticed it before leaving the lot.

Attachments

• DD437C49-6E56-4A4E-B9F3-FC45938D00B2.jpeg
    DD437C49-6E56-4A4E-B9F3-FC45938D00B2.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Informative
Reactions: russelljohnson
Well I went to Tesla today to take delivery of my new Model 3 SR+ Black/Black 18” Aero wheels w/ FSD. First thing I noticed was a huge crack in the windshield, unable to take delivery of the car. Huge disappointment but glad we noticed it before leaving the lot.

Jeez. Don't know how you wouldn't have noticed that! Wonder how that happened

Jeez. Don't know how you wouldn't have noticed that! Wonder how that happened
I know right, I have no idea.

They said they would replace the windshield, I’m just worried of it happening again in the future. What do you guys think? Wondering if you guys think I should continue with delivery of this vehicle after repair or should I request a new vehicle. Thanks for any of your input!

I know right, I have no idea.

They said they would replace the windshield, I’m just worried of it happening again in the future. What do you guys think? Wondering if you guys think I should continue with delivery of this vehicle after repair or should I request a new vehicle. Thanks for any of your input!

It looks like something hit the top of the windshield. So don't think it's a Manu defect from either car or windshield. I would ask them to look and make sure there's no scratch damage in that spot on the car, otherwise it should be fine. That's what I'd do at least.

Reactions: neroden and bezwick
After failing to get 2 RWDs (1 time car wouldn't start, 2nd time car had a used title and not a new one) and not wanting to wait any longer for the white, placed my order for a SR+ black/black Aero today. Got a Vin for a hw3.0 in an hour. Hopefully it will be here by this weekend.

Reactions: Mr X
Picked mine up in Tampa earlier today. Process was very smooth. Went over the car with a fine tooth comb and came out great on the other end. I did find, when I got home one small defect next to the passenger window. The triangle next to the right side mirror. Its slightly out of alignment. I will be contacting service and have them fix the issue. The car is an absolute dream to drive!

Placed an order online yesterday afternoon (after speaking in the phone for a couple days with a sales rep). Got an email a couple hours later from the sales rep saying congratulations on my order. No update on my online account but my rep mentioned he requested delivery be held until August 1st or later (due to a local state tax credit coming back). Will update as it goes... excited!

Model 3 SR+
Deep Blue Metallic
White Interior