Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add another to the email recipients(CheapieSR+ 11/15)

That is annoying though..I wonder what would happen if you ONLY say you are available for the first day or 2 of appointments, will they punt you and say, sorry your car was not ready then, we could have gotten it to you anytime after the day you said you could accept it?

I did not have the..... to call their bluff...so I will probably be the 12:00 Midnight appointment on 12/31.

Reactions: bmt1012
On the email we received today, it would be unfair if folks that list unavailable except for day 12/22 and 12/23 get their cars earlier while those who are available any get their cars last. Not saying this is happening, but given the crappy process thus far, I would not be surprised.

In my opinion, once we get down to just Bay Area orders, delivery dates should be based on order date.
I'd imagine its a group consensus thing for logistics. They're not gonna only ship 1-2 cars to one location, probably will try to maximize how many they can send out to one location. I could see some people actually hurting themselves by only placing 22/23 (if they are realistically available), because they word "must accept delivery by 31 to be eligible for tax credit."

Maybe overthinking it.

Reactions: giantshark18
I orderd white interior, but all door panels are black, is that normal?
I can’t believe it! They put in the wrong color door panels? Sorry! It might look nicer than with the white ones - it’s a matter of taste.

Whatever you do - they should be seriously embarrassed! If the reason is that they ran out of white door panels, then that is weird!

Either way, it shows how attentive Tesla was when putting our cars together. Anyone get a car that had the headlights on the rear?!:)

• Funny
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Buyer Beware!!! ... Tesla advertised 250miles of range, I set my baby up to fully charge to 100% and got 244miles (just to see what range the full charge is).

This is on day 1 of having my car
fullCharge.png

Last edited:
Reactions: tren01t
Got mine yesterday. Was a 10/16 Fremont order. Paperwork took a minute to fix. Only issue so far is some weird clicking under my feet on certain drives, the driver door is off a bit and a bit tough to close, and some minor rattling.

Hope everyone enjoys their cars! Haven't tried a full charge yet. I might tomorrow to see the range. If you're picking up in Fremont the Delivery staff was really friendly and easy to work with.

Best of luck!

So we got black door panels on a white interior, which i paid $1000 for. And 6 miles shy of the advertised range.... hahaha i'm going to try to milk unlimited free charging out of this LOL if not, then it's fine; not a big deal (not really anal about these issues) but at least fix my doors, please. Gonna inform them tomorrow.
They won't give you unlimited supercharging. SA's and DC employees don't have that power.

hmm should i say something about it? funny thing, i didn't notice it until after i got home. lol

im just glad the colors aren't mismatched, at least they're all black
CONGRATS DUDE!!! I had to jump back into waiting room to see the special moment you got your car! Do not sweat small stuff. *sugar* you have a one of a kind unit if you look at it half full. Other wise they will fix it for sure so no worries. Just go drive it and enjoy it. I alrady have a pit on my rim and windshield wiper from freeway driving. It is still a freaking awesome car. Enjoy!!

• Love
Reactions: skydreamerjae
CONGRATS DUDE!!! I had to jump back into waiting room to see the special moment you got your car! Do not sweat small stuff. *sugar* you have a one of a kind unit if you look at it half full. Other wise they will fix it for sure so no worries. Just go drive it and enjoy it. I alrady have a pit on my rim and windshield wiper from freeway driving. It is still a freaking awesome car. Enjoy!!
Thank you, RJ!!! <3 It IS a fun car, i can't stop thinking about the commute home from work. Looking forward to EAP haha

Buyer Beware!!! ... Tesla advertised 250miles of range, I set my baby up to fully charge to 100% and got 244miles (just to see what range the full charge is).

This is on day 1 of having my car
.View attachment 489385
That was the same for my vehicle when I first charged it to a 100 percent. Take a long drive and run it down to about 10 -15 percent and then level 2 charging. I was able to get it to 249 mi on a 100% charge and up to 224 miles on a 90% respectively. I have not done any supercharging since I have had possession of it on 12/4.
Enjoy!

Ordered 10/10, Los Angeles
White/Black SR+
Marina Del Rey delivery center

Original delivery estimate 12/15, delayed to 12/24, now updated with car being on-site and nearly ready for delivery.
Delivery scheduled for Thursday 12/19 and I'm ecstatic!

The cars are coming! @Csamika you're next!

You're giving me hope!!! I just emailed them today that my VIN is in the source as of yesterday, she wrote back that the ViN is visible in account as well and she was hoping to deliver earlier than the 24th. No official date change as of yet.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA