Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife is picking up her M3 order 11/27 on Friday 12/20 !!
My 10/27 M3 order is still in limbo - but got the "what's your availability in 2019" email today... I'm friggin' available 3:00am on a Sunday if that helps get me the car quicker.... sheeeeesh !

I genuinely don't understand how is it possible that mid - late Nov orders trump the October ones. How?????
But hey, congrats to wife, oooh, maybe Tesla knows who to make happy first...

Reactions: davidw76
I genuinely don't understand how is it possible that mid - late Nov orders trump the October ones. How?????
But hey, congrats to wife, oooh, maybe Tesla knows who to make happy first...

forgot to mention ... wife used an old reservation code from day 1 Model 3 reserves my dad had for years now. Also hers is a bare bones no options M3 standard (not standard+) white/black interior/aero - that probably makes a difference!

So we got black door panels on a white interior, which i paid $1000 for. And 6 miles shy of the advertised range.... hahaha i'm going to try to milk unlimited free charging out of this LOL if not, then it's fine; not a big deal (not really anal about these issues) but at least fix my doors, please. Gonna inform them tomorrow.

My suggestion: pretend to be (a pleasant) angry! Walk in there and express to them, "what the hell is going on here!" You seem like a laid back guy, but you can fake it if you have to. Not venomous, but just totally annoyed that they really blew it with your car interior color. Even if you like the color.

How many people reading this have ever heard of a white interior having the wrong color door panels? None, I bet. Not only did they build the car that way, but they inspected the car and delivered it and no one noticed (or at least admits to notice)! It's not bad - actually I might like it, but it's seriously embarrassing for Tesla - the manufacturing end of Tesla.

So SAs and DAs don't have the authority to give you much, but you want this escalated so that someone at Tesla who can really grovel over their mistake. Put their nose in it!!! Then you might get the attention it deserves. If you are too nice and leave it for an SA or DA to fix, they will fix it, but not give you the freebies you deserve.

About the only worse they could have gotten would be to have a black trunk lid on a white car!:p

As far as the charging - what was the temperature out when you charged? I know you're in So Cal, but in SF Bay Area it was cold today. Also, was the SR+ always 250miles rated range, or did it change when they announced the new "improved" ranged for Model 3? As far as I can tell, no one with the LR AWD cars in 2020 gets the 322 they supposedly were to charge to at 100%. They still get the old 310. I have a stealth - which means everyone has a different opinion as to what it should charge to, but it will go to 279 at 90% (310 at 100%). You might want to run this by them ... but

The wrong color door panels may be simple to fix, but it is the blooper of the year for Tesla!!! Shake the X-mas tree for extra presents!:) Good luck.

• Funny
Reactions: skydreamerjae
My suggestion: pretend to be (a pleasant) angry! Walk in there and express to them, "what the hell is going on here!" You seem like a laid back guy, but you can fake it if you have to. Not venomous, but just totally annoyed that they really blew it with your car interior color. Even if you like the color.

How many people reading this have ever heard of a white interior having the wrong color door panels? None, I bet. Not only did they build the car that way, but they inspected the car and delivered it and no one noticed (or at least admits to notice)! It's not bad - actually I might like it, but it's seriously embarrassing for Tesla - the manufacturing end of Tesla.

So SAs and DAs don't have the authority to give you much, but you want this escalated so that someone at Tesla who can really grovel over their mistake. Put their nose in it!!! Then you might get the attention it deserves. If you are too nice and leave it for an SA or DA to fix, they will fix it, but not give you the freebies you deserve.

About the only worse they could have gotten would be to have a black trunk lid on a white car!:p

As far as the charging - what was the temperature out when you charged? I know you're in So Cal, but in SF Bay Area it was cold today. Also, was the SR+ always 250miles rated range, or did it change when they announced the new "improved" ranged for Model 3? As far as I can tell, no one with the LR AWD cars in 2020 gets the 322 they supposedly were to charge to at 100%. They still get the old 310. I have a stealth - which means everyone has a different opinion as to what it should charge to, but it will go to 279 at 90% (310 at 100%). You might want to run this by them ... but

The wrong color door panels may be simple to fix, but it is the blooper of the year for Tesla!!! Shake the X-mas tree for extra presents!:) Good luck.
@tren01t just told me to drive it down to 15-20% and fully charging would get it to 249 hehe

Picked up SR+ At Devon pa, ordered 11/14.

they had to replace two door seals and there is a small tear on the driver side door, to be repaired. Other than that paint good, panels aligned. Rainy and dark today, and so will look more tomorrow (sunny day).

there were like three trucks unloading and SA said they were doing 60 deliveries on Sat.