Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a Tesla mobile repair guy replace one on a guys M3 at work (not because of color but something else).
Report it tomorrow and let them order it and replace them at your home/work after the Holidays.
Just try and think of them as a protective cover until January :)
Hahah awesome! Thanks for the tip john!! It’s definitely an amazing car. I love it more and more with every passing minute. I got depressed when I got home today and had to park it

That's really bizarre. Your seats are white and the trim in the dash is white though right? You should definitely get them to replace the doors...you paid for the white.. They should be the right color after waiting so long!
Absolutely I agree! I feel so dumb not noticing it at delivery. Wish I could’ve let them know then. But since this is clearly a manufacturing issue, I’m positive they’ll fix it

Since you (@skydreamerjae or anyone who's taken a SR+ and still coming back to this part of the forum) just got your car, I thought I ask you 2 questions.

1. Can you activate the rear seat heaters? see this article
2. Does the SR+ comes with the 2 USB ports on center console for the back seats?

1. As far as I know, no. (Edit: I’ll check out the article and get back to you)
2. Yes

Cool. Just read the article. Interesting. I’ll let you know tomorrow when I drive that sucker. I live in an apartment so im quite a ways from my car :D

• Informative
Reactions: Csamika
Hahah awesome! Thanks for the tip john!! It’s definitely an amazing car. I love it more and more with every passing minute. I got depressed when I got home today and had to park it
So you will appreciate this....
Today was the first day I got to drive my car to work (or anywhere for that fact). Drive to work was fun but too much traffic to play with all the settings. On the way home I called my wife on the speaker and told her I’m going to be a few hours late because I got to drive this baby.

Now I’m going to date myself but, once I got on a open highway I found a streaming station that was playing AC/DC and cranked it up and floored that mother and had a freakin blast, I was like a teenager again:p.

I love my new SR+ and think I’ll be finding the long road home for a while now:)

Congrats... I take delivery tomorrow, Monday. Smooth delivery in Plano??
I think you meant to tag @badiban, I’m still waiting to take delivery. A couple questions for you since you’re taking it tomorrow.. how long did the temp tag process take? That’s all I’m waiting on. Is tomorrow your originally scheduled date or did it move once everything was finalized?

Sorry, my error. Took delivery yesterday. It was our original date and the temp tag was already on the back window. Very imfortative but we did lot of reading up plus a couple of friends own them so we bypassed a good amount they were wanting to go over. From arrival time to departure took literally less than 20 minutes. Everything was done ahead of time. All I did was sign ONE paper and then signed into the app to control all the features... They also give you to card keys then sit with you in the car until you're comfortable... Impressed.

Reactions: bkap
For those of you who received and replied to the "what is the absolute latest date we can ask you to take a car and blame you if you are unable to get ther" email today have either:
1) recieved a VIN in source?
2) Received an email/text with a delivery date
3) Received Vin in your account(not just in source)?

I am 4).. bubkis with no reply from the "designated SA" (since mine seems to have left town for the rush- no reply to several emails in the last 2 weeks)

Hey guys! Delivery was a success tonight, I ended up driving around for an hour because I was in love with the vehicle, more so than the Model S loaner they gave me, granted it was an older model. I ended up getting a few accessories put on such as the wireless charging, carbon fiber cover panel over the wood trim, sport pedals, screen protector, frunk + interior carpet mats and set up my dash cam properly. I still have a few more things to do tomorrow during the day but so far everything was great with delivery. I opted in for the ludicrous delivery since they wanted to discuss things almost all of us already know. I did find a chipped paint spot right by the passengers front tire on the front bumper, very minuscule but they were able to fix it up right then and there and take note of it.

That being said, good luck everyone! Can't wait to see you all post around the different parts of the forum.

For those of you who received and replied to the "what is the absolute latest date we can ask you to take a car and blame you if you are unable to get ther" email today have either:
2) Received an email/text with a delivery date?

I am 4).. bubkis with no reply from the "designated SA" (since mine seems to have left town for the rush- no reply to several emails in the last 2 weeks)

1) recieved a VIN in source? Yes
2) Received an email/text with a delivery date? No
3) Received Vin in your account(not just in source)? No

Reactions: ZappCatt
2) Received an email/text with a delivery date

1)Vin:null
2)Vin:null
3)Vin:null

Reactions: ZappCatt
@jonquiljo how do you like your sleeper? I punched my go pedal a few times and it’s FUN. Can’t imagine what a performance feels like..

I like it a lot! Then again, even for me the power is too much. You can't floor the car for more than a short bit or you end up so fast that you're going to get pulled over. Overall, I think the Tesla is a really outstanding car. I think that even the SR+ has more than enough power. The stealth is more than a novelty than a reality.

Then again, you have a unicorn edition of the white interior. Probably doubled in value in the last day!:)

Same. Just got the Confirm your delivery availability.. I said I can pick up any day and it went away. I don't see anywhere where you can edit it afterward and everything looks the same on the status page (i.e. no vin in source).
Just got the “confirm your availability” email today. I chose some dates (choices were dec 22-31) that I wasn’t available and saved. No difference now to my account page.

Took delivery Monday. Ordered 11/10. White/White SR+ no FSD. I live in SC, had to pick up in NC, so it was a 2 hour hike to get there. Came with ~80% charge so plenty to make the 120 miles back home.

Delivery was good, sat for a quick how to with the other 4 people taking delivery. Didn't even have to sign anything. They were in a hurry for sure, but gave it a quick once over. No panel or paint issues that caused me any concern. One alignment issue on the back right passenger door but it's not really noticeable.

There was some black like... felt particle stuff on the seats probably from manufacturing I'm sure, they wiped up with a baby wipe pretty quickly but it would have been nice if it had been detailed first. Drives like a dream! Hang in there, it's worth it!!!