Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
302B3725-3B2A-4322-8580-43F8DB20C879.png

Reactions: skydreamerjae
"T" minus 46 hours until picking up Model 3 SR+ in Brooklyn, NY. Everything is in place, financing, insurance, VIN, appointment set 11 AM December 20th.

Just wondering if I'm missing something. Can I expect to hear from Tesla before my appointment? Ordering was done online without human contact. Test drive was done months ago in New Jersey so I've never been to Brooklyn facility nor have I had any contact with anyone from Brooklyn service center.

Thank you for any info or feedback anyone can provide.
I got a call the day before my delivery appt to review my account and make sure everything was ready to go.

I like it a lot! Then again, even for me the power is too much. You can't floor the car for more than a short bit or you end up so fast that you're going to get pulled over. Overall, I think the Tesla is a really outstanding car. I think that even the SR+ has more than enough power. The stealth is more than a novelty than a reality.

Then again, you have a unicorn edition of the white interior. Probably doubled in value in the last day!:)

lol! To have more power than you want to put out; sounds amazing. As though you’re holding back against someone in a fight

“if I go all out... I might kill you....”

As for my unicorn, I’m getting it serviced as I type this. Haha. Sitting in the delivery waiting room

My Tesla is currently getting serviced to fix the black door panels. Called them this morning, left a message, and received a call back within a few hours. They were more than happy to have me come in today for them to do a quick fix (give or take an hour).

@AZjohnInCA @jonquiljo @ZappCatt @rjsully04

thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! Felt very timid about calling them to let them know about my panel issue but they were more than happy. I was also worried they might reject me and say “that’s how Elon does it” but all is good!

Update.
I had to hustle for this one.

DC - Marina Del Rey
VIN assigned on the 16th in source, on my account on the 17th
Originally got a delivery date estimate for the 15th, which was pushed to the 24th. DC promised to keep an eye if car comes in earlier.

But DC is too busy to pick up calls, so i called the showroom and had someone look up if my car left the factory (hoping to take delivery before the 24th.) what do you know, car is already in MDR lot. LOL.
The showroom reached out to DC and i got an email with 3 diff. times for TOMORROW!!!
I'm taking delivery of my car tomorrow @noon. whoohooo.

Also, Tesla insurance came in waaaay lower than anyone else I got quotes from (about 5 diff. places) to I went w Tesla. For me it's around $109/mo.
First loan payment is not due till feb. 2nd.
I was also able to pay off the larger chunk online by adding in my bank account routing / account numbers so it seems all my paperwork is fully squared for tomorrow.

I'll let you know how delivery goes.

lol! To have more power than you want to put out; sounds amazing. As though you’re holding back against someone in a fight

“if I go all out... I might kill you....”

As for my unicorn, I’m getting it serviced as I type this. Haha. Sitting in the delivery waiting room

It is amazing, but after a while, it becomes unusable. 0-60 into the back of the car in front of you. It's pretty bad traffic here, so I spend most of my time going nowhere.

The thing I like the best is the way I can drive with one pedal - let regenerative braking slow me down and "hold" keep me stopped. Now that helps in traffic!

• Love
Reactions: skydreamerjae