Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this text:

TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - Congrats! Your Model 3 will finish being built tomorrow morning. To expedite your delivery experience, we will text you when your Model 3 is complete. Please plan to arrive at the Tesla Factory within 90 minutes of receiving that text. That kinda stinks as I am 2 hours away from Fremont and planned on getting stuff done during the day then driving out in the late afternoon. Now I must drive to Fremont in the morning and sit there until I get a text. That is a minor complaint though, as I am just excited to get my car finally. Hopefully its done real early so I can get back home and spend some time setting it up and installing accessories.

Just received this text:

TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - Congrats! Your Model 3 will finish being built tomorrow morning. To expedite your delivery experience, we will text you when your Model 3 is complete. Please plan to arrive at the Tesla Factory within 90 minutes of receiving that text. That kinda stinks as I am 2 hours away from Fremont and planned on getting stuff done during the day then driving out in the late afternoon. Now I must drive to Fremont in the morning and sit there until I get a text. That is a minor complaint though, as I am just excited to get my car finally. Hopefully its done real early so I can get back home and spend some time setting it up and installing accessories.
Lol this may be a silly question but if you drive there how will you drive your new car home? I was thinking of just taking a Lyft there tomorrow but I’m one of the fortunate ones that live close to the factory.

Lol this may be a silly question but if you drive there how will you drive your new car home? I was thinking of just taking a Lyft there tomorrow but I’m one of the fortunate ones that live close to the factory.
I'll be driving with my family, so they will likely drop me off at Tesla then head to in-laws house in Castro Valley. Thought about taking an Uber but that's probably around $80.

Just received this text:

that's cutting it very close with production + inspection + delivery.
But lucky on getting the car!

Reactions: Cligadel
Just received this text:

Congrats! I just received text from my delivery center that my car has arrived! The wait and the stress is now over!

Just received this text:

Hope you don't have to wait long - Congrats !!

Just received this text:

I have seen people getting text that their car will be built today afternoon and evening, so my bet will be you should get a text between 11 AM-3PM.

Reactions: Cligadel
I have seen people getting text that their car will be built today afternoon and evening, so my bet will be you should get a text between 11 AM-3PM.
I hope so. Little bummed that we have the same car yet you got to pick your delivery time and I was pushed off to wait and we might tell you. This is no way to operate a company and plan letting everyone I know hear about it. I mean telling people to be available at Tesla’s leisure without even a timeframe is completely unacceptable.

Reactions: ZappCatt
I hope so. Little bummed that we have the same car yet you got to pick your delivery time and I was pushed off to wait and we might tell you. This is no way to operate a company and plan letting everyone I know hear about it. I mean telling people to be available at Tesla’s leisure without even a timeframe is completely unacceptable.
I’m in the same boat as you except I’m in Palm Springs with my wife on vacation. She’s amazing enough to let me go back up on a moments notice to pick up the car IF it comes. Keeping my fingers crossed but not holding out much hope.

Reactions: arturpk
What a freaking roller coaster of emotions! I was pretty confident and optimistic during the 6 week wait only to be let down. I felt like a total fool when I got the “your car will come in January” text the night before my delivery appt. I’m not sure how I’d feel if I were you at this point. I really hope you get your car, plus some extras! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Nope, no bonus extras, and they wanted to make sure I really understood how important I was to them by having an assembly line worker deliver the car, in the dark after he had put in a 12 hour workday building the cars. Luckily I had read the manual, taken an overnight test drive, so I knew more about the car than he did....

Yay Tesla! :-(

Here at the factory now. Checked in and in line behind 80 people waiting to get their vehicles. Parking lot completely full of Tesla's as far as I can see. Lots of volunteers, all of whom are being friendly. Pretty calm atmosphere.

Attachments

• IMG_20191231_132333.jpg
    IMG_20191231_132333.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 91