Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya we’ve been forgotten every-time I call and ask I get the same generic response “We got lots of cars coming in it’ll be here soon”
When was the last time you called them? I have not called but did get an email from a someone in Las Vegas on Jan 13 saying "are expecting a delivery estimated of February or March" and of course the text msg a lot of us got a week or two ago with the 3-7 week window

When was the last time you called them? I have not called but did get an email from a someone in Las Vegas on Jan 13 saying "are expecting a delivery estimated of February or March" and of course the text msg a lot of us got a week or two ago with the 3-7 week window
I called after that text mine said 3-7 weeks as well really hoping it comes soon not a fan of waiting till March as well as the $3000 ev rebate ends on March 31

Same except black on black config and no FSD. Ordered 12/8 at the Lawrence location, got the same text same day. They told me that if our sales associate had us go ahead and fill out the finance application , then they would expect it anytime now. I honestly think none of them really know for sure and they are just playing their customer service game, but they can be quite frustrating to get a firm answer.
They tell you what you want to hear, 100%

Just picked my wht/ sr+19 yesterday.
Ordered 11/17.
Tesla let me down AGAIN.
Rear bumper had a big scratch and paint chip .
Front bumper had glue marks which they fixed.
Have to take the car back to fix issue#1.
Inspect your car people! And for those waiting for your car just be patient no point in chasing them... it will only make you frustrated.

Just picked my wht/ sr+19 yesterday.
Ordered 11/17.
Tesla let me down AGAIN.
Rear bumper had a big scratch and paint chip .
Front bumper had glue marks which they fixed.
Have to take the car back to fix issue#1.
Inspect your car people! And for those waiting for your car just be patient no point in chasing them... it will only make you frustrated.
This post should echo loudly.

I ordered mine on 10/16 last year and was lucky to get it before EOY.

Anyone considering a Tesla should really dig deep and consider it. My buying experience was *sugar*. Owning has been worst. Been to service 4 times already and i'm trying to Lemon this piece of *sugar*.

Coming from an employee. Really think hard about buying a Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhaseWhite
SR+ Black/Black 18" Aero
Ordered 8 Jan, was told 4-7 weeks.
On 23 Jan, text updating time-frame to 1-3 weeks
On 28 Jan, received VIN and initial delivery appointment for 7 FEB

I'm hoping for a call to schedule an earlier than expected delivery appointment. If not, it's just a week to go and just 4 weeks from order to delivery, I feel lucky as many have gone longer.

Received an email yesterday that the car is in town and asked if I could come in on Tuesday, 4 FEB for delivery.

Reactions: Hyacinth416
Ordered 12/22. 6 weeks since ordering.. still have to wait 3-7 weeks per the update text. A little pissed about this bc when I ordered, it still said 4-7 weeks to delivery.
My SA wants me to apply for the loan this week.. definitely hesitating.

So how do the vins get attributed exactly? Do the dealers have anything whatsoever to do with this process, or?
I.E. is it based on our spot in the queue for that given type of car.
Tesla builds car in CA, sends txt/updates online about VIN. Car is sent on truck to dealer. Dealer gets car, says car is in?
Or is it that Tesla sends cars to dealer, dealer gives VIN to customer?

I'm going crazy with anticipation. I ordered the first week of January and each day I'm checking my Tesla account and the delivery spreadsheet at least a couple of times. I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks since I ordered but every day is killing me.
Better buckle up, it's not about to get easier.

PS. Don't forget to check your source code VIN every day (at least)!!!

I've been looking on several different forums for anyone that's got a delivery date for SR+

I placed by order (SR+, Midnight Metallic Silver) yesterday afternoon. Called Customer service today to ask if the 2 week estimate was realistic, and she said for customers in California it is.

Hoping I get a delivery date soon!
I ordered the same vehicle in SoCal on 12/20 with an original estimate of 4-7 weeks and still no VIN, I wouldn't hold not your breath, best of luck. My SA said "Its worth the wait" Yeah it better be!