Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text that my car is in and do I want to re-schedule my delivery.

Original delivery would be Tuesday, Sept 15. Now it is Saturday, Sept 12. Stuff happens quick when you get the vin.

Not trying to rub it in... Just some new info.

No, not at all, congrats. I’ve got no issues with people getting their cars earlier, that’s, in fact wonderful. My qualms is with Tesla by not keeping me in the loop and will likely discourage me from going through this process again. No matter how great your product is, if you do not take care of your customer then what does that say about your business?

Just got a text that my car is in and do I want to re-schedule my delivery.

Original delivery would be Tuesday, Sept 15. Now it is Saturday, Sept 12. Stuff happens quick when you get the vin.

Not trying to rub it in... Just some new info.
Congratulations!!!! I'm here in Dallas, TX!

Ordered 7/18 | SR+ White/White with 19s
VIN: 8/28
New Delivery Date: 9/19

Hoping to get it sooner! So excited!

Reactions: HTWOMS and pjensen
This is the only message I’ve gotten after confirming with day of order message stating I wanted a September delivery

Attachments

• D4B00E50-DD6E-4A31-BFC6-B07BC089E262.jpeg
    D4B00E50-DD6E-4A31-BFC6-B07BC089E262.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 86
No, not at all, congrats. I’ve got no issues with people getting their cars earlier, that’s, in fact wonderful. My qualms is with Tesla by not keeping me in the loop and will likely discourage me from going through this process again. No matter how great your product is, if you do not take care of your customer then what does that say about your business?
100% Agree.

Reactions: RedWhite19
In NJ. SR+ Black/Black.

Ordered 8/23
Pickup 9/12

Customer service has been terrific. Adviser has been very responsive to emails and questions. Let’s me know where the car is and what’s happening. Has advised pickup date is subject to change based on info seen delivery issues but let me know today the car is on the truck on its way here. Fingers crossed.

I agree. Although I will say that from what I have read Elon is not the best people person and probably doesn't push that relationship-building aspect through company culture. Tesla's are hot and in high demand so I guess customer cultivation isn't priority #1. I agree that it is frustrating to see that reservations and deliveries aren't first come first served and instead based on location. Without this forum I would be totally confused about the lack of communication. I've texted, called, and emailed with no response. Being only an hour and a half from Fremont I'm expecting delivery on the last day of the quarter at this point. Oh well.... it's worth it but I think they could do a lot to cultivate customers. My guess is that when the market gets more saturated, and competition becomes an issue, they will wish they had.

Reactions: RedWhite19
I agree. Although I will say that from what I have read Elon is not the best people person and probably doesn't push that relationship-building aspect through company culture. Tesla's are hot and in high demand so I guess customer cultivation isn't priority #1. I agree that it is frustrating to see that reservations and deliveries aren't first come first served and instead based on location. Without this forum I would be totally confused about the lack of communication. I've texted, called, and emailed with no response. Being only an hour and a half from Fremont I'm expecting delivery on the last day of the quarter at this point. Oh well.... it's worth it but I think they could do a lot to cultivate customers. My guess is that when the market gets more saturated, and competition becomes an issue, they will wish they had.

I agree. For one, I also believe orders should be a first come first serve basis. But they’re not there yet. Will they be? I hope so. This leads me to my second point, until Tesla figures out a way to allow a potential car owner to* walk into a dealership and say I want this car, and they can walk away with the vehicle, I won’t do this again.

There are little things that I have found a bit disappointing. I wish they gave the potential buy more options. For example, I wanted premium sound but I need to purchase the LR. Some of us do not need the range. I would have no problems paying a bit extra for that feature. I also wanted satellite radio built in but guess what? They only come on the S and X. Again, I’ll have no issues paying a little extra for this feature but it’s like the Soviet Union, you get this much and that’s that.

And finally, Yes! They need to improve on their communication skills. I’ll tell potential buyers, “My experience has been lackluster, at best. While some people have enjoyed the experience but I’ve been sitting around nearly 5 weeks twiddling my thumbs around with any contact.” Tesla does not appear they want to make any longer-term relationships.

Last edited:
I agree. For one, I also believe orders should be a first come first serve basis. But they’re not there yet. Will they be? I hope so. This leads me to my second point, until Tesla figures out a way to allow a potential car owner you walk into a dealership and say I want this car, and they can walk away with the vehicle, I won’t do this again.

There are little things that I have found a bit disappointing. I wish they gave the potential buy more options. For example, I wanted premium sound but I need to purchase the LR. Some of us do not need the range. I would have no problems paying a bit extra for that feature. I also wanted satellite radio built in but guess what? They only come on the S and X. Again, I’ll have no issues paying a little extra for this feature but it’s like the Soviet Union, you get this much and that’s that.

And finally, Yes! They need to improve on their communication skills. I’ll tell potential buyers, “My experience has been lackluster, at best. While some people have enjoyed the experience but I’ve been sitting around nearly 5 weeks twiddling my thumbs around with any contact.” Tesla does not appear they want to make any longer-term relationships.

Most definitely first come first serve. I ordered my Sr+ White on black on July 29th. No vin no nothing.

Most definitely first come first serve. I ordered my Sr+ White on black on July 29th. No vin no nothing.

I think this is where the communication could be a huge benefit. By communicating that the factory produces in batches for specific regions (assuming that is true) our expectations would be set differently. Lack of communication leads us to set our own expectations that are likely to be misguided and missed. Missed expectations equal frustration. An automated 4 week window isn't communication, it's a guess. Efficient production lines don't run on guesses so I'm not sure why the resistance to better timing and communication. I'm still looking forward to the pickup and ownership of a Tesla. Although I admit to wondering if it will ever happen after waiting 6 weeks with no replies to emails, texts, or calls.

I think this is where the communication could be a huge benefit. By communicating that the factory produces in batches for specific regions (assuming that is true) our expectations would be set differently. Lack of communication leads us to set our own expectations that are likely to be misguided and missed. Missed expectations equal frustration. An automated 4 week window isn't communication, it's a guess. Efficient production lines don't run on guesses so I'm not sure why the resistance to better timing and communication. I'm still looking forward to the pickup and ownership of a Tesla. Although I admit to wondering if it will ever happen after waiting 6 weeks with no replies to emails, texts, or calls.

Oh run in batches makes since from an efficiency stand point. What I don’t get is Eaglefan91 got his vin 12 days after ordering.

Oh run in batches makes since from an efficiency stand point. What I don’t get is Eaglefan91 got his vin 12 days after ordering. While I am on day 45 still with no vin. We both have the same build also.

My guess is someone cancelled their order (which was the exact same configuration as what Eaglefan91 ordered). The computer matched his order to that cancellation - boom, he gets a car quickly. That cancelled order could have been put in long ago (early july or june).