Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn you Canadians ordering after me but getting your 2021 VIN before

In my case, I was told I would get mine around the beginning of Nov, but it was the 6th and nothing happened yet. I had to call them then, and only after that was I emailed my VIN and had a delivery scheduled. Even now, my VIN doesn't appear in my account, so maybe they just haven't put it into the system yet. He mentioned the car was on its way, so maybe they need to actually have the car on hand to update your account.

Reactions: zerb012345
In my case, I was told I would get mine around the beginning of Nov, but it was the 6th and nothing happened yet. I had to call them then, and only after that was I emailed my VIN and had a delivery scheduled. Even now, my VIN doesn't appear in my account, so maybe they just haven't put it into the system yet. He mentioned the car was on its way, so maybe they need to actually have the car on hand to update your account.
I see! That would make sense if they did it that way, I’m feeling like this week I’ll hear something (but that could just be me being hopeful as Thursday is my 23rd.)
Hopefully you get your VIN on your account soon!

I see! That would make sense if they did it that way, I’m feeling like this week I’ll hear something (but that could just be me being hopeful as Thursday is my 23rd.)
Hopefully you get your VIN on your account soon!

Thanks! I hope you see an update soon too! If you need the VIN sooner (to purchase auto insurance, etc.), you could try calling them and asking if they can provide it. The guy emailed me mine like 2 hours after we got off the phone. Also confirmed it's an 'MF' VIN in the 837000 range. Good luck!

Just received my VIN and an estimated delivery date of December 4th. It's apparently on the truck from Fremont right now, so it may arrive sooner than the 4th. Shipping to Calgary, Alberta. Red SR+ with aero wheels. Configured 2020-10-18.
Congratulations! We almost configured at the same time but no update for me yet. It is good to know people from Canada getting VIN assigned.

Ordered Oct. 26, still have that confirmed date in my account (Dec 15) BUT just received a ''Tesla Update'' text message saying ''we currently expect your model 3 to be ready for delivery 4-7 weeks from today. Once your Model 3 starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment''. etc etc etc. ...

but my delivery seems to already be scheduled in my account for dec 15.

Anyone else have a confirmed date in their account and then receive a message like this ? Very confused right now although, 5 weeks or so would be around the Dec. 15 date they originally gave me (and still showing on my account)

Ordered my black on black SR+ with aero wheels on September 29th (updated order oct 8th) and got my Vin and delivery date of November 13th yesterday morning!!

Can’t wait to get my very first Ev ever!!!
thinking about getting ceramic coating and PPF I hear these things are scratch magnets.

Ordered Oct. 26, still have that confirmed date in my account (Dec 15) BUT just received a ''Tesla Update'' text message saying ''we currently expect your model 3 to be ready for delivery 4-7 weeks from today. Once your Model 3 starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment''. etc etc etc. ...

but my delivery seems to already be scheduled in my account for dec 15.

Anyone else have a confirmed date in their account and then receive a message like this ? Very confused right now although, 5 weeks or so would be around the Dec. 15 date they originally gave me (and still showing on my account)
I had something similar happen, as well. In my account, I have a date range of November 25 - December 22, but I just got the same exact text message.

Ordered red performance with no FSD on 10/20 (I know, wrong thread, but I saw this post and thought I should chime in about the message).

txSPy4i.png

Got a similar text a minute ago. Earlier estimate was between Nov 20-Dec 11. The text said 3-6 weeks from today.. I guess they are delayed on production. I ordered on 16th Oct. I am in Atlanta, GA.
So if I calculate it correctly, 6 weeks from now is 22nd Dec whic will be 9+ weeks from order.
Fingers crossed hopefully it becomes 3 weeks and I get my car in early December