Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have VINs (with apologies to those who don't), how long did it take between getting the VIN assigned and being able to schedule delivery? I didn't realize there was another round of nervous and uncertain waiting after the VIN was assigned. In my case it hasn't yet been 24 hours, but any uncertainty is nerve-wracking!
I called my local dealership. Talk to the delivery folks and they setup a date and time. All dependent on my car arriving on time.

Finally got in touch with my SA. The best he could say is "sometime in June". There wasn't an explanation for why when I ordered on March 13 I was told I would have it end of May at the very latest and why I still don't even have a VIN. Extremely frustrating since I just moved to a new city and don't have a car since I was told they could deliver it to me right after I move in.

White, SR+, black interior, no FSD. Ordered March 13. Dallas.
Like I've posted before, I have not seen anyone from TX take delivery on here. My SA told me last week that some of his other clients have received the prompt for Tesla Vision but i’m not sure if they’ve received their VIN #s

Guys, I just want to calm your nerves. If your page showing dates (or it did), you will all get your cars before end of June. I think TMC has a propensity of enhancing peoples nerves. Everyone keeps refreshing their page 1000 times a day. I did exactly the same thing last quarter. You will all get your cars this month. Maybe people who ordered just a few days ago will have to wait until next quarter.

Tesla will do everything to get your cars to you before the end of June. They want to get their numbers up every quarter.

Guys, I just want to calm your nerves. If your page showing dates (or it did), you will all get your cars before end of June. I think TMC has a propensity of enhancing peoples nerves. Everyone keeps refreshing their page 1000 times a day. I did exactly the same thing last quarter. You will all get your cars this month. Maybe people who ordered just a few days ago will have to wait until next quarter.

Tesla will do everything to get your cars to you before the end of June. They want to get their numbers up every quarter.
I hope you are right...

What if My edd shows 8-12weeks.
order 4-28 In Canada

Reactions: MadMax082
I ordered a white sr+ no fsd just the basic model back on 4-19, was setup for a 3 year lease. All my info is on my Tesla account, still no query for no radar, and of course no VIN.

I emailed my original contact (last saturday) who was *ALWAYS* super responsive BEFORE I paid the $100 and signed the agreement.....I wanted to switch from a lease to a purchase since the Senate passing of the EV credit last week.

He responded back by email and said he would *get right on it*....two days later, I reach out and ask "any news??"...again radio silent for more then six hours.

So I emailed him back and said "nevermind I will go into the Tesla office in Walnut Creek tomorrow"....again no answer.

today on my way home I drop into the walnut creek office and they gladly (and quickly) assisted me with changing my lease to a purchase.

But they basically cancelled my lease and I had to re-apply for credit check which passed quickly. Did not lose my place in line.

Yesterday ETA was june 2-16 this morning it was 8-12 weeks (I assume from order date). Associate said he showed about 2 weeks while processing my re-loan.

Im not even sure my SA is the actual SA I am assigned, as I dealt with him for my first contact and test drive, and who hounded me afterwards, but was not in the office when I came back and finalized the lease.....all I know about the original SA is that I have ZERO trust and confidence in him....

Just one more reason why I am always so Angry.

Reactions: mason1988
I ordered a white sr+ no fsd just the basic model back on 4-19, was setup for a 3 year lease. All my info is on my Tesla account, still no query for no radar, and of course no VIN.

I emailed my original contact (last saturday) who was *ALWAYS* super responsive BEFORE I paid the $100 and signed the agreement.....I wanted to switch from a lease to a purchase since the Senate passing of the EV credit last week.

He responded back by email and said he would *get right on it*....two days later, I reach out and ask "any news??"...again radio silent for more then six hours.

So I emailed him back and said "nevermind I will go into the Tesla office in Walnut Creek tomorrow"....again no answer.

today on my way home I drop into the walnut creek office and they gladly (and quickly) assisted me with changing my lease to a purchase.

But they basically cancelled my lease and I had to re-apply for credit check which passed quickly. Did not lose my place in line.

Yesterday ETA was june 2-16 this morning it was 8-12 weeks (I assume from order date). Associate said he showed about 2 weeks while processing my re-loan.

Im not even sure my SA is the actual SA I am assigned, as I dealt with him for my first contact and test drive, and who hounded me afterwards, but was not in the office when I came back and finalized the lease.....all I know about the original SA is that I have ZERO trust and confidence in him....

wonder if theyll retroactive that bill to purchases made before it passes if not everyone who has bought is gonna be PIST

Reactions: makirules

Just to be clear, the EV tax credit didn't pass the Senate it passed the Senate Finance Committee, very different. It still has to pass the House and the Senate.

You have a magical ball or a inside source?

I really want to believe that..

Well after my EDD being gone since last Friday, it came back this morning, but not with the dates I was hoping for. I ordered on 5/17 and when I called my SA on Monday they said I was looking at the third week of June delivery. My EDD now says July 15 - Aug 4, needless to say disappointing. I plan on calling again today to see if that is accurate.

Well after my EDD being gone since last Friday, it came back this morning, but not with the dates I was hoping for. I ordered on 5/17 and when I called my SA on Monday they said I was looking at the third week of June delivery. My EDD now says July 15 - Aug 4, needless to say disappointing. I plan on calling again today to see if that is accurate.
Same boat buddy!

Ouch..... That's horrible... I was 9 days prior to you on May 8.... I pray that my dates stay where they are at June 19-30 or even start to move to the left...

Hopefully you get a answer today!

I ordered on May 27. Initially for a day or two it showed EDD of 3-13 weeks. Then EDD disappeared completely. Today, it says EDD of July 24 to Aug 23.