Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: I called the Fremont Showroom (only the 10th time lol) and finally a SA answered.

I shared that my account had no EDD for 4 days and now it’s showing July 2 - July 22. He said that orders placed April/May will be fulfilled any time between now and end of June.

He said an absolutely completed profile receives priority for VIN and that Trade In values are being refreshed now. Either we’ll see an extension of expiration or new values based on mileage.

I confirmed if the EDD was funky since my actual SA said so via email and he said, “Yeah, website isn’t super accurate for April/May orders.” He said be ready to take delivery very soon.

There’s some light at the end of the tunnel!
If completed profiles are receiving priority for VIN... where is mine? It has been completed for quite some time now.

Sorry but I don't believe that prioritized BS that the SAs say.

Reactions: mdanieltech
If completed profiles are receiving priority for VIN... where is mine? It has been completed for quite some time now.

At first I was skeptical too. I confirmed this “VIN prioritization” with a friend that worked as a Delivery Supervisor and he said that in fact completed profiles systematically enter into the queue “ready for VIN”.

Someone mentioned it earlier which I now believe that depending on where you live, production is batched. Heard today that cars built this week will be ready end of third week and last week of the month.

At first I was skeptical too. I confirmed this “VIN prioritization” with a friend that worked as a Delivery Supervisor and he said that in fact completed profiles systematically enter into the queue “ready for VIN”.

Someone mentioned it earlier which I now believe that depending on where you live, production is batched. Heard today that cars built this week will be ready end of third week and last week of the month.
Is insurance being uploaded part of being completed? Sorry if this has been answered before.

called my service center to ask about the no appointments and they were able to get me setup with a home delivery on 6/6. Payment portal just opened up as well to make the payment.

ordered 5/9 at the Austin domain showroom. Sr+ white black interior the standard aero wheels. Got the vin 5/29. Just got the delivery text this afternoon. Service center said my car is sitting there it just needs an update.

But Daddy I want it now!

I need CASH NOW, call JG Wentworth

Sorry two things when I hear I want it now hahaha

Same here I've had the Volt(G1) and the Bolt so at that time couldn't afford it but things have changed and can now afford it... Even though when you break it all down... It's not as expansive as I thought it was going to be
Haha, I do feel like Veruca Salt saying that!

I was pretty shocked that I could very easily afford a m3. I've gotten a lot of flack from people about it since I'm young, but I drive a Subaru currently that's $400 a month! And its half as cool! I love cars, always have, always will. I'm happy and willing to pay a bit more for a fun ride.

• Funny
Reactions: mdanieltech

Maybe it's worthwhile to ask what constitutes a completed profile? I assumed I had a completed profile (I'm at the "Insurance" stage) and can't really proceed without my VIN. Is there another step I'm missing?

Maybe it's worthwhile to ask what constitutes a completed profile? I assumed I had a completed profile (I'm at the "Insurance" stage) and can't really proceed without my VIN. Is there another step I'm missing?
My advisor said the same thing that they prioritize people with completed profiles he said up to the financing point, which is what I did. I couldn’t proceed with insurance as you need the VIN in Texas to be able to upload it.

Hmmm... Hard for me to not be skeptical lol

My advisor said the same thing that they prioritize people with completed profiles he said up to the financing point, which is what I did. I couldn’t proceed with insurance as you need the VIN in Texas to be able to upload it.
I switched my payment method to "cash" after my delivery advisor had mentioned the prioritization of completed profiles (April 26th). I suppose the delay now (because in theory if I was REALLY prioritized, I would have my VIN right now) is because they haven't produced the batch for my SC yet. However, they have already batched up other colored SR+ vehicles at my SC.

Same. My wife was on the phone with a SA in Fremont BEFORE I placed my order and he impressed upon this same item - placing your order doesn't "secure your place in line" but completing your profile does (registration, payment method, insurance).

I got a text that my delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for tomorrow, and that they will reach out 24-48 hours prior to the appointment. They didn't, and I've already told my insurance company that I'm going to have the car tomorrow and I have a ride to bring me there in the morning. Could they have delayed it without telling me?

Reactions: GiFer
Same. My wife was on the phone with a SA in Fremont BEFORE I placed my order and he impressed upon this same item - placing your order doesn't "secure your place in line" but completing your profile does (registration, payment method, insurance).
So many conflicting information everywhere. I had always heard (shortly after I placed my order) that simply putting the deposit down reserves your place in line...

I have read and heard of people not completing their profiles and just walking up to the SC on their delivery date with 2 checks.