Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like you should get it at the end of the month. The other replies in this thread are East Coast, so it makes sense they’d get deliveries earlier, and West Coast will get them a bit later but still within a Q2 delivery.

Also, for CA, you can upload your existing insurance policy (if you have one), it doesn’t need to have the car on it until you go for pickup. You can also add as soon as you get a VIN, but that way nothing in your account shows as pending.
I should have added that I sold my car a few weeks ago so I don’t have any car insurance under my name right now lol. I want to give Tesla insurance a try so that’s why I’m also anxiously atleast wanting the vin so I can get a quote through them. (Let’s see if they really are the cheapest/competitive lol)

At this point I’m trying to not have a mini heart attack every time the estimated delivery date changes LOL. Yesterday it was 6/22-6/30. Today it changed to 7/2-7/22 but I’ve seen a July/Aug date like a week ago and then it changed back to June.

*funny side note if anyone cares for a laugh: My ex works at Tesla in Fremont and every time he’s moving a basic white standard range Tesla he sends me a picture and says could this be your car?! 😂😩 it drives me crazy seeing his snaps and stuff at work seeing all the cars they pump out yet not one of those basic ones is mine ahahah

• Funny
Reactions: rsaucedo23
Ordered my Model Y on 5/5 and picking mine up this week. Perhaps you should give Tesla a call and check on your purchase.
Congratulations! I stopped giving my Tesla showroom calls because I don’t want to keep getting disappointed. I figured out the Tesla game, once you’ve order the SA’s don’t give one crap about you 😂 they’ve told me “you just have to wait” so many times. Also that they have no control over it.

I ordered 5/17 and am picking mine up on Sunday (6/13). M3 LR with 19" wheels.
Congratulations! If I would have known I would have just got the LR. I’m planning on trading it in down the road for the cyber truck anyways so I just wanted to get my foot in the door in a Tesla thinking “if I get the basic one maybe it will be faster 🙄” LOL jokes on me

5 days in after receiving my VIN, my EDD shifted to one day early (now June 13th to 19th), but I have yet to receive my scheduling text...
(Ordered May 1st, in Texas) - Tesla just texted me requesting proof of insurance effective today, so they can process my temporary permit; I called Tesla and they clarified they're trying to schedule me for end of next week (within my current EDD), for that they need my insurance cards, and that my deposit can be paid 24 hrs before actual delivery. I'm getting there!

Reactions: GiFer and makirules
Man EDD threw me a curve ball yesterday. Ordered 06/01 and had a EDD of 06/20-06/30 . I was so excited for a potential earlier delivery...

Sadly, tesla EDD gods were just playing with my feelings. EDD went back to what I was see the past few days of 07/13-08/02 😞
Ugh I have been there! I think that whatever your window was initially usually holds true for most of us (always some exceptions) and it seems to be towards the later part. When I ordered it was 6-9 weeks. After being tormented with the dates moving multiple times a week, my delivery date is 7 weeks from the order date. Exactly in the middle. If all goes well, one week from today, I'll be an official Tesla owner! 🥳

Reactions: GiFer
Ordered a new car from inventory thinking it would be faster than waiting for a custom order. Wrong. Called Tesla in Aventura (useless) and they couldn’t give me any info on when my car would get here from San Antonio since my EDD disappeared for the last 3 days. Called Tesla San Antonio, they told me the car should be delivered between June 22 and June 24, then the delivery team will reach out to me. So annoying.

Just got a text saying "Financing for your Tesla has been approved. Go to your Tesla account for more details." Note, it was already approved weeks ago.

Logged into my account and I got the Tesla Vision acceptance screen. After accepting, my account page shows a VIN and my EDD moved from June 21st - June 30th to June 9th - 12th!

SR+, MSM, Black interior, aero wheels, no FSD, 36k mile lease, Ft Myers FL. Ordered 5/8/21.
Been a busy week, haven't had a chance to update you guys yet. Tomorrow is Tesla Day for me! VIN came on Sunday 6/6/21. On Monday 6/7 they told me the car is in Alabama and scheduled my appointment for Friday 6/11.