Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8A0FBC2D-ADFC-486C-9102-7E20625B10ED.jpeg
GUYS IT FINALLY HAPPENED

Yeah, I have 2 weeks so I'm going to try and find any way to pick up the car (without sacrificing loads of cash or my kidneys). My actual biggest problem is that I need to update drivers license with my current address. That might be my biggest obstacle since the DMV I drove by today was jam packed. It's not a big deal if I miss out though, it's just I wasn't expecting this. It's a good problem to have.
Definitely good problem to have! I’m in Chicago also and I ordered the same day you did. I wish I had the car ready! I sold my 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid yesterday to carvana and it was such an easy process. It’ll be nice to not have a car payment for ~2 months but I rather have the car early :)

My delivery window for gray M3 SR has been june 8-june 30 since ordered in April. the other day it suddenly said 9-13 weeks. has anyone else experienced this and is there anyone to call to confirm? my sales rep or whatever hasn't returned my email. my lease is up on my current car and if I get jammed here, i'll be SOL. thanks. i know there have been a lot of production issues related to supply etc.

Got extremely lucky today.... Someone in Jersey must have declined delivery or couldnt make payment. I got my vin this morning. Later got a call about the vehicle being at the location ready for pick up tomorrow. Asked if I could come today (today was my day off) and they somehow made it work. Ordered my car May 22. I know I got lucky but maybe this gives someone hope that anyday that vin could populate.

Anyone waiting for a VIN in Vancouver, Canada? I'm curious about the situation with Canadian deliveries. Put an order for a Model 3 SR+ MSM with black interior late March and I am still awaiting a VIN.
Still waiting.

Ordered: April 18
Config: SR+/Red/Black/18"/No-FSD/Vancouver - Great Northern Way
Current EDD: 3 July - 23 July. No VIN.

SA implied that Vancouver is meant to be getting a very large amount of vehicles in the next week or so. I live very close to the delivery centre, haven't seen it particularly busy since last quarter-end.

Reactions: Ryakal
Got extremely lucky today.... Someone in Jersey must have declined delivery or couldnt make payment. I got my vin this morning. Later got a call about the vehicle being at the location ready for pick up tomorrow. Asked if I could come today (today was my day off) and they somehow made it work. Ordered my car May 22. I know I got lucky but maybe this gives someone hope that anyday that vin could populate.
So lucky! I think these stories will just make my obsession worse. I’m still VERY early in the process...ordered 6/11. I feel bad for those April orders that haven’t received anything yet!

Still waiting.

Ordered: April 18
Config: SR+/Red/Black/18"/No-FSD/Vancouver - Great Northern Way
Current EDD: 3 July - 23 July. No VIN.

SA implied that Vancouver is meant to be getting a very large amount of vehicles in the next week or so. I live very close to the delivery centre, haven't seen it particularly busy since last quarter-end.
Well fingers crossed. My SA mentioned back in the beginning of June that I might get a VIN mid June, but that doesn't seems to be the case ATM. Current EDD is 9-13 weeks.

Guess all I could do is to wait. Thanks for the info!

Uhhhh..... So I decided to place my order for a Model 3 SR+ last Friday. I saw that the lead time is 9-13 weeks. I thought I should get my order in now so by August/September I should be able to pick it up. 5 Days later and I have a VIN and a delivery date of next week. UMMMMMM!!!!!!! I am going to sell my car to Vroom or Carmax which is going to take me 2-4 weeks just to get my money from that. So this is a predicament. Am I going to lose my $100 that I placed on the order if I don't pick it up? I will probably give the service center a call tomorrow and see what avenues I have but man did this go from 1-100 fast.

what about getting an auto loan to pay for tesla now and then just use your money from the sale of your car to put towards your Tesla loan when it arrives?

Reactions: Drubaybred
Wow, congrats. Quickest delivery turnaround i've come across recently. Curious what were your order specs? Picking up from Chicago?
Got you beat. Order placed at 11 AM on June 15 at Tesla sales center with 9-13 weeks esitamed delivery. 8 hours later around 7 PM on June 15 delivery moved up to June 19-21. Now confirmed for June 20. VIN assigned, insurance accepted, trade in accepted and deposit paid.

Reactions: mramin and GiFer
I am thinking of getting a M3 as my first car. At which point of the entire process of placing the order to the delivery date do I \

1. Purchase auto insurance
2. Apply for financing
1. Insurance depends on the state, but typically you’ll need a policy with the VIN to take delivery. This can wait until a VIN assignment

2. There’s been debate about when to apply for financing. After my friend (SA) showed me the internal system, my profile’s submission/completion date was the day I actually applied for financing, which was weeks after order date

Anyone (at least in SoCal) try not to get too excited if you get a delivery appointment scheduled....

I've had my delivery appointment rescheduled 4 times already.....

Each time it gets close to delivery appointment time, I get a call letting me know the car is not here yet (they are not sure if its waiting to be put on a truck or coming off the line)

Its exciting every time that appointment date comes up.....and then the dreaded call that I know is the we have to rescheduled lol

:cool:

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks.....almost...

I am thinking of getting a M3 as my first car. At which point of the entire process of placing the order to the delivery date do I \

1. Purchase auto insurance
2. Apply for financing
With the way deliveries go for the loan if you have good credit and debt ratios just wait until you’re at least 30 days from the end date of your estimated delivery date range. If you’re financially sound and good on credit and debt ratios approval should only take a matter of days, mine was same day.

Also, check out local credit unions if you care about getting the lowest rate possible. you may have to join in some way but their rates are normally better, mine is 1.95% and required a savings account ($5 min balance) and $1 one time membership fee. My other banks were at least 3.5% on quotes. They also seem to have longer expiration windows, again 60 days compared to the 30 my other financial institutions offered.

Like many of you, I check my Tesla account xx times per day.

For anyone that knows, is there a certain time the site gets updated? Or is it at random times?

For example, my EDD dates have been sliding to the right by one day everyday for the last few days. This morning I woke up to it sliding to the left by a day (June 19-30).

I’m really just wondering if checking the site throughout the day really even matters or if I should just check et a certain time in hopes of getting the Tesla Vision prompt and subsequent VIN.