Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add me to the Rocklin pick-up club. I ordered in mid-May (blue/black) with an original 5-11 week estimate. It changed quickly to a date range in June. Since then it has jumped back and forth about 6 or 7 times between specific date ranges in late June to vague multi-week ranges (5-11 weeks, 9-11 weeks, 7-12 weeks, etc.). Yesterday I was June 26-30 but today it has once again changed to 9-13 weeks. But I have never had any specific dates in July or August, they've all been in June. So I'm not really sure what to expect at this point... I have not received that June delivery text message that some people have reported getting either.
Rocklin pick up club too here 🙋🏽‍♀️ 4/10 order. I also didn’t get any JUNE text. The only thing good about the Rocklin center is when I call someone always picks up. Granted sometimes I have to hang up and try again once or twice but they always answer. I called last week and whoever answered (really nice lady) said “OMG April order yeah I think you should have a vin atleast by the end of this month”. I took that with a grain of salt ofc. Hopefully NorCal gets some love soon

finally happened…NorCal ordered 4/18 got July 10 this morning so resigned that I won’t see a car this month, but pleasantly surprised getting the call from an SA today.
1624646340706.jpeg

Tomorrow I fly to Kansas City, to take delivery of my Standard Range+ in white w/ White interior. At home I have made a 15'x 8' parking pad out of gray, and beige 2' x 2' peel and stick carpet squares it is 4 squares wide, and 7.5 long. Oddly enough Lowes sells the carpet squares in boxes of 15, so two boxes laid out is 7 rows of 4 is 28, and two squares cut in half, add the last 1' to the pattern which equals all 30, and makes up the 8' x 15' parking square. Now I'm not contending that sitting on thin water proof short pile carpet is for any rational reason, like easier on the tires, but some of you, I'm sure understand. I also painted the surrounding floor a very grassy green, because hey this is about my half of the garage "Going Green"...

I am quite excited and must compliment the folks in Kansas City at the Tesla delivery/Service center, for their help with the logistics of physically getting the car. The Kansas City airport is over 31 Miles north of the Tesla location, and I wasn't looking forward to a taxi or Uber. My delivery was scheduled for Friday AM at 11:30, so I was going to get up there mid afternoon tomorrow, stay in a La Quinta close to the Tesla shop, and go get the car Friday am, and head back to OKC. Its about 325 Miles for south side of KCMO back home. But a call to the South State Line address, got a very helpful guy names Ethan, who moved my delivery up to 5:00PM, on Thursday the 24th, AND arranged an Uber (On Tesla) for me from the airport to the location. I'm going to hang out in KC the rest of thursday evening visit a couple friends who live there, then bounce up early Friday AM and head home.

At home I have waiting all my accessories I bought for the 3. A Faux Carbon fiber trunk spoiler, floor mats, and faux carbon fibre splash guards. Both the spoiler and "Mud Flaps" are gloss, and the splash guards are none too large, but bound to cut down on the funk that covers the areas just behind the tires.

I am going to have the first 36" of the car's front, the back side of the mirrors, and the rocker panels done with PPF, and the "roof rails" done in opaque gloss black PPF.

Do you all think that all the Faux Carbon fiber bits, will lighten the car much? I'm going to claim that they make the car weigh Faux hundred pounds less.... LOLOLOLOLO.... I crack me up.
Ok Friday 05/25, home from Kansas City to Oklahoma City (325 MI) with my car. The drive down was very instructive, I think the learning curve will be none too bad. Because when I get into these things, I get a bit OCD..... well maybe even CDO so it's alphabetized.. I installed my spaceX badge in the parking lot in KCMO, and my splash guards while charging in Emporia, and the spoiler right as I got home... So here you have it the Limited Edition, SpaceX Model 3. People will ask if it's faster than a Performance, and I'll say- But of course- Sure it only had one electric motor, but the SpaceX Model has 4 Thrusters Too!!!!
Model 3 SpaceX edition.jpg

Reactions: GiFer