Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG the Tesla Gods have finally answered me 😅. I literally just pulled over because I was about to drive to the Tesla center to annoy an SA 🤣. I honestly don’t even feel like this is real right now 😩 hang on fellow NorCal folks!

5A8BC10C-0E26-412C-BFEB-9025D48D2D47.jpg
4C88E9AF-1E49-4F6B-93DA-355398F8DE5F.jpeg

I ordered my 3 SR+ early June (like June 10), and at checkout, it says 8-12 weeks, meaning the LATEST I should get the car is like September 10. However, my estimated delivery window changed from July 25 - August 8 to September 20- October 9. When can I expect my car? It's my first car so I'll need to buy insurance and stuff too
That stinks. I ordered June 3rd. Looking now like. September delivery. Not happy. Tesla 3 quarter is in the books they don’t care anymore.

So my dates keep going back and forth (not sure why I checked, specially since the SA told me that my vin match will occur Mid July).

New status:

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 14 - August 03
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 08 - July 28
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08

I ordered my Model 3 in 2020; Tesla contacted me on a couple of occasions would I want to pick up my vehicle the next day. On each occasion, I wasn't ready due to other commitments and ability to arrange financing in such a stringent timeline. Why can't Tesla give you a date a few weeks out so one can plan such a major purchase like other car companies do?

Well they pushed my delivery date up to today instead of tomorrow. Pleasant surprise after a rough process, cherry on top is it’s my bday today too. I’ll let you all know how it goes quality wise being part of the EOQ push.
Actually ended up being pretty good overall, no major issues just a small chip on the drivers side edge of the frunk and minor scuff. Took pictures on the spot and submitted a service request as advised by the team on sight. Just so y’all know these guys and gals are slammed and doing insane overtime, just be nice and they’ll give you all they got (at least in my case). Can’t say the same for the people or process of ordering and up to delivery, but the on sight delivery team A+.

interesting and stressful drive home though. Regen braking and crazy drivers on highways was rough. Extremely happy overall but will take some getting used to.
1B9903AB-F874-4599-A56D-1D04685AF518.jpeg
7F6021A1-1E53-4731-9593-F8771FF24377.jpeg

Hi Chaoticvortex,
This is the checklist that I used. I hope you find it beneficial and help you streamline your preview before taking actual delivery.

I also suggest that if you are paying cash...do not pay before.

Ask the Tesla delivery rep to open the car to examine before you sign all the documents and hand over your payment. Take as much time as you need to review the entire exterior and interior of the car. Ask for physical hard copies of all the documents that you sign. Our Tesla Delivery Rep, Cyrus was fabulous. He was extremely helpful. (We had few areas where some residual protective adhesive was still on the vehicle. Cyrus walked around and removed it all to our satisfaction.)

FYI: if you do find minor issues, take photos of all the issues to document. Ask the Tesla delivery rep to assist with setting up your service appointment.

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!!! We are!!

PS: when I ordered on 4/29/2021, the EDD was 6-9 weeks. We received our M3 in 58 days or 8 weeks. So the initial EDD was exactly on target.
Thank you for the information!! And congrats on your Tesla! I definitely appreciate the info

AND the issues begin! I chose to pick up at Rocklin CA center and just got my appointment for pick up 6/30 but it has someone else’s address and I don’t know who they are! YiKES! I just called and someone answered said he would switch it to Rocklin pick up for the same date. I am so scared when I get there on the 30th that they will tell me it got dropped off at that unknown address! Just because I’ve read in here people getting unknown home delivery anyway! 😟

AND the issues begin! I chose to pick up at Rocklin CA center and just got my appointment for pick up 6/30 but it has someone else’s address and I don’t know who they are! YiKES! I just called and someone answered said he would switch it to Rocklin pick up for the same date. I am so scared when I get there on the 30th that they will tell me it got dropped off at that unknown address! Just because I’ve read in here people getting unknown home delivery anyway! 😟
4B33DA97-8929-4A8E-91E3-7466B9BF3AB1.jpeg

Hey all,

After 5 hours of waiting to process my car sale to CarMax... I finally have sold my car and have my down payment!

Ive been reading that cashing check at bank could take about 2 business days to show up in account. Is there anyway to sign over the carman check to Tesla? Ive read this is a thing, but have never done it before.

Thoughts?

Hey all,

After 5 hours of waiting to process my car sale to CarMax... I finally have sold my car and have my down payment!

Ive been reading that cashing check at bank could take about 2 business days to show up in account. Is there anyway to sign over the carman check to Tesla? Ive read this is a thing, but have never done it before.

Thoughts?
If you go in and deal with a teller you can cash the check right then and there, then you can request a cashier check from the bank to take to Tesla.

Reactions: rsaucedo23
Ordered base SR+ white ext/black interior in early June, date jumped around early July to August and then this week (like many of you) it went to Aug to September. Being California it was looking like later in the quarter. Happened to refresh inventory today and found exact same car with 3 miles on it in Ohio and snagged it. Hope it gets here quickly!

Reactions: GiFer