Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is worse, trying to get a PS5 near launch day or waiting for a Tesla Model 3?

At least with the Tesla, you have a vague place in line. With the PS5 it was you vs a thousand bots and a-hole resellers.
The Tesla wait and uncertainity is brutal. My wife and I were both lucky enough to secure one from Target on launch day spamming refresh from 9 pm to 2 AM! Atleast with a Ps5 worst case you just pay $100-200 and buy from reseller right away. With Tesla even if you get it from someone your exact specs it will never be "new" or you're the first owner and you will probably pay a premium depending on the conditions given this market.

My EDD moved further out to Aug 10-Aug 30th…order date June 11th. I was somewhat hoping for a VIN this weekend but I guess that won’t be happening. The wait continues.
I ordered 5/31 and was just hoping for a VIN by the end of July, but am skeptical that will happen either. Trying to stay positive though. It’ll be worth it on pickup day!!

Order 5/30 EDD is now

August 24 - September 13​

Now I have to reapply for financing in a week I can't believe Tesla pushed me so hard to apply for financing. Told me on the phone to do it and they sent text message telling me to apply and now I have to reapply but I did bring my credit score up higher since I last apply so I hope all this waiting means a lower rate at least

My EDD moved further out to Aug 10-Aug 30th…order date June 11th. I was somewhat hoping for a VIN this weekend but I guess that won’t be happening. The wait continues.
Same thing here but I ordered on the 9th so my range is 08/09-08/29. It’s very tough knowing absolutely nothing but I will say this range means absolutely nothing. Good luck to you but we’re almost there my friend.

Reactions: Eddie509
Order 5/30 EDD is now

August 24 - September 13​

Now I have to reapply for financing in a week I can't believe Tesla pushed me so hard to apply for financing. Told me on the phone to do it and they sent text message telling me to apply and now I have to reapply but I did bring my credit score up higher since I last apply so I hope all this waiting means a lower rate at least
Yep, same exact here. Pushed extremely hard to apply for financing and even said “you’re not really in line until you submit a finance or cash option” and here we are.

How do you get notified of your VIN?? Text, email or does the app update or do I need to check with a browser on a computer (I do know about the source code trick that might work also)?? Or is it the delivery point that assigns it and they notify you??
I am sure this has been talked about before. 🤔 I am about 2 weeks from getting one hopefully.

Thanks

How do you get notified of your VIN?? Text, email or does the app update or do I need to check with a browser on a computer (I do know about the source code trick that might work also)?? Or is it the delivery point that assigns it and they notify you??
I am sure this has been talked about before. 🤔 I am about 2 weeks from getting one hopefully.

Thanks
I just refreshed my account page on my phone browser, got an email about an hour later asking for final payment. Never received text.

Reactions: CCRM3 and Mad4sax

Thanks
Never received texts for any updates.I received an email notifying me to review my lease offer. I received that email on 7/13 at 11:22 pm ET. When I checked my email the next morning, I followed the link to my account and had VIN assignment.

Still have not ever received a text notification for any step of the process beyond 5/31 (the day after I placed my order). That text was thanking me for completing my pre-delivery tasks (from a 510 number). The only other text I received (from same number) was asking if I wanted to trade (6/3). Out of curiosity, I responded “trade” on Monday (7/19) and never received a response. I did not elect to trade my vehicle, by the way.

I sent my SA an email this morning to ask if my vehicle had arrived to the Tesla location in VA (scheduled to arrive at Tysons today) and asked a bunch of questions regarding delivery (was scheduled for 7/26). Received an email from Tesla approx 2 hours later to “Review Your Tesla Lease Offer” (seems to be the trend when anything updates to my account: VIN, Delivery Date, Payment Received, etc). I noticed my lease documents listed 7/25 (not 7/26) as my delivery date. 2 minutes after the lease offer email, I received an email from Tesla “2021 Model 3 Agreements Ready.” 7 minutes after receiving that email, I received an email from my SA answering some (not all) of my questions from the email I sent this morning and informing me that I’d have my vehicle delivered to my home tomorrow (!!) between 10 am and 5 pm.

At some point, during those emails, I had logged on and accepted the lease terms and completed my Agreements.

At 12:12 pm ET (15 minutes after the first email I received from Tesla today), I received an email from an individual with Tesla and a different SA copied (not my normal SA) that I should prepare to expect delivery for tomorrow before 8 pm. It outlined the steps I needed to complete (all done).

I called my insurance company to add the Tesla to my policy (I had done a pre-quote prior to VIN assignment) and uploaded the new proof of insurance with Tesla VIN (since my previous card expired in June - during this 8-week wait).

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 SHOULD be READY for tomorrow’s delivery!! Is this REALLY happening?! So many emotions.. but really, after all of the EDD changes, trying to find answers anywhere (because getting an SA to respond can be tricky/frustrating), hearing all the crazy stories.. I’ll believe it when I see my car.. TOMORROW!! 🎉🎉💃🏼💃🏼

Stay patient, if possible. Go in to the Tesla location, if possible, to get answers if you’re being ignored. No two experiences are exactly the same. Don’t rely on texts (I did not receive them). Check your email rather than your account for VIN notification.

Once your VIN is assigned, your SA can track the location (no matter how hard they try to ignore you). So, if you want answers, be persistent. Prior to VIN assignment, they just give a range estimate (similar to your EDD).

In the end, my delivery date (7/25) was in the first range of dates I received: 7/21 - 8/10.

Good luck and I’ll let you know if I receive my beauty tomorrow!!

P.S. For anyone who needs to hear/read this: some of my assumptions were WILDLY off the mark, but that’s the fun of guessing while waiting for someone from Tesla to ACTUALLY give you accurate information. It’s entertaining to pass the time and to do so in a safe environment with like-minded people who don’t shame or judge. So happy to be so close to leaving purgatory and transitioning to the other side.. driving my new shiny Tesla into the heavenly sunset.. can’t wait to see all of you on the other side with me, my friends. It’s going to be a WILD ride.

Never received texts for any updates.I received an email notifying me to review my lease offer. I received that email on 7/13 at 11:22 pm ET. When I checked my email the next morning, I followed the link to my account and had VIN assignment.

Still have not ever received a text notification for any step of the process beyond 5/31 (the day after I placed my order). That text was thanking me for completing my pre-delivery tasks (from a 510 number). The only other text I received (from same number) was asking if I wanted to trade (6/3). Out of curiosity, I responded “trade” on Monday (7/19) and never received a response. I did not elect to trade my vehicle, by the way.

I sent my SA an email this morning to ask if my vehicle had arrived to the Tesla location in VA (scheduled to arrive at Tysons today) and asked a bunch of questions regarding delivery (was scheduled for 7/26). Received an email from Tesla approx 2 hours later to “Review Your Tesla Lease Offer” (seems to be the trend when anything updates to my account: VIN, Delivery Date, Payment Received, etc). I noticed my lease documents listed 7/25 (not 7/26) as my delivery date. 2 minutes after the lease offer email, I received an email from Tesla “2021 Model 3 Agreements Ready.” 7 minutes after receiving that email, I received an email from my SA answering some (not all) of my questions from the email I sent this morning and informing me that I’d have my vehicle delivered to my home tomorrow (!!) between 10 am and 5 pm.

At some point, during those emails, I had logged on and accepted the lease terms and completed my Agreements.

At 12:12 pm ET (15 minutes after the first email I received from Tesla today), I received an email from an individual with Tesla and a different SA copied (not my normal SA) that I should prepare to expect delivery for tomorrow before 8 pm. It outlined the steps I needed to complete (all done).

I called my insurance company to add the Tesla to my policy (I had done a pre-quote prior to VIN assignment) and uploaded the new proof of insurance with Tesla VIN (since my previous card expired in June - during this 8-week wait).

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 SHOULD be READY for tomorrow’s delivery!! Is this REALLY happening?! So many emotions.. but really, after all of the EDD changes, trying to find answers anywhere (because getting an SA to respond can be tricky/frustrating), hearing all the crazy stories.. I’ll believe it when I see my car.. TOMORROW!! 🎉🎉💃🏼💃🏼

Stay patient, if possible. Go in to the Tesla location, if possible, to get answers if you’re being ignored. No two experiences are exactly the same. Don’t rely on texts (I did not receive them). Check your email rather than your account for VIN notification.

Once your VIN is assigned, your SA can track the location (no matter how hard they try to ignore you). So, if you want answers, be persistent. Prior to VIN assignment, they just give a range estimate (similar to your EDD).

In the end, my delivery date (7/25) was in the first range of dates I received: 7/21 - 8/10.

🥳 Excited for you, its really happening!!! Be sure to share pics😃

That’s so exciting!! Congrats again. I hope they schedule home delivery for me too because I’m about 60 miles from Tyson’s.

• Love
Reactions: CCRM3
That’s so exciting!! Congrats again. I hope they schedule home delivery for me too because I’m about 60 miles from Tyson’s.
When I spoke with my SA, I was surprised they scheduled mine for home delivery. I elected that option when I ordered, but the site told me it was unavailable. Now it makes sense that my appointment time was a range vs a set time. I was told that since my delivery was in VA and within a certain range of Tysons, they were able to schedule the delivery. I was also told that my vehicle would be inspected already and have a VA inspection sticker, but for anyone in MD, they’d have to get reinspected. They also told me the vehicle would not have the front plate installed but that I could schedule to have it done at Tysons. Hope this info helps. I also hope your SA is responsive and gives accurate info because I’m not sure I’m the best at playing this “telephone” game and giving accurate details based on my perception of what they’ve told me. Always questions/uncertainty during this experience. Wish they had chatbots available.

Reactions: curlette461
Got this bad boy a few hours ago, build quality is top notch. I found zero panel gaps, upholstery in excellent shape, and car drives like butter. There are a couple of paint smudges (very small) but I'm gonna wipe them off later. Overall, I'm a happy camper. The wait is well worth it boys and girls. And yes I got Chipotle for my first meal in the car lmao
zxcv.png

zxcvv.png

aqwe.png