Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m putting $9,000 on my SR+ and outside financing the rest. So when the prompt finally comes up, do I just ACH transfer the $9,000 and bring my cashier’s check at delivery for the remaining balance?
I had my bank FedEx the check to Freemont and Tesla applied it to my account same day. At delivery I handed cashiers check for my down payment after inspecting the car

Reactions: Vystery
Soooo seems like I have a VIN 😮no email or text, but Tesla vision confimed, the ball is rolling 👀
E21876E4-D823-4E6C-8D85-A620A091E7AB.jpeg

I am happy vins are starting to drop again. Seems like a slow previous week.
New edd today not much change. My vacation start aug 20th, I really hope i can get it on or before that date, i also wonder if its a good idea to drive 1000km after buying, i guess EVs don't have a break in period?

Delivery date: August 14 - August 23
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • August 13 - August 23
    • August 12 - August 21
    • August 10 - August 20

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Long post, TLDR: Delivery process not smooth, car runs fine, no glaring errors.

I took delivery of my model 3 yesterday. Process was not smooth. Showed up an hour early, they said my vehicle would be ready at appointment time, which is totally fine. Appointment time comes and passes, no one went to find me in the waiting room(same as the showroom). Had to ask 30 minutes later if my car was ready. I did my walkthrough and it took me another 30 minutes to get someone to help me again. Car had a couple of minor issues. Only big issue I found was a gap misalignment between taillights and the trunk. They measured it and said it was within spec, so I took delivery. App would not pair, they said it was due to the system being down. Fine I went on my way. 5 hours later still doesn't pair and they said sometimes it takes 24-48 hours to pair(would have been good to know).

Not to give them any excuses but I did want to shed some light into why they might not be the most responsive in returning calls. The service/delivery center I went to was very busy, at least from about 11A to 2P. About 4 walk ins an hour from test drives, pick ups, looky loos, other equipment purchasers. The Tesla reps themselves are nice and helpful when you actually get to talk to them.

My other quick impression. The mileage estimate on long trips is a poor one. Lost about 35 miles on the estimated range on a 160 mile stint(avg 70mph). Went from 210 down to 15(I actually switched off AC, put the screen on 0% brightness cause I was scared of being stranded ha ha) before I got to my supercharger. Plan accordingly.

Long post, TLDR: Delivery process not smooth, car runs fine, no glaring errors.

I took delivery of my model 3 yesterday. Process was not smooth. Showed up an hour early, they said my vehicle would be ready at appointment time, which is totally fine. Appointment time comes and passes, no one went to find me in the waiting room(same as the showroom). Had to ask 30 minutes later if my car was ready. I did my walkthrough and it took me another 30 minutes to get someone to help me again. Car had a couple of minor issues. Only big issue I found was a gap misalignment between taillights and the trunk. They measured it and said it was within spec, so I took delivery. App would not pair, they said it was due to the system being down. Fine I went on my way. 5 hours later still doesn't pair and they said sometimes it takes 24-48 hours to pair(would have been good to know).

Not to give them any excuses but I did want to shed some light into why they might not be the most responsive in returning calls. The service/delivery center I went to was very busy, at least from about 11A to 2P. About 4 walk ins an hour from test drives, pick ups, looky loos, other equipment purchasers. The Tesla reps themselves are nice and helpful when you actually get to talk to them.

My other quick impression. The mileage estimate on long trips is a poor one. Lost about 35 miles on the estimated range on a 160 mile stint(avg 70mph). Went from 210 down to 15(I actually switched off AC, put the screen on 0% brightness cause I was scared of being stranded ha ha) before I got to my supercharger. Plan accordingly.
The estimated range is said to be EPA estimate, so has conditions that need to be met to hit that range. Plus the car will adjust gradually.

Myself ordered 6/5, SoCal, Red/White/Aero wheels. EDD showing August 21 - September 10