Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, just an update on my order.
Ordered: 8/31/2021 EDD: 10/2 -11/24 (as of 9/1); 12/22-1/11 (as of 9/24); 10/22-11/11 (as of 10/4)

From my experience with our first Tesla, I have no idea if these dates mean anything. Just thought I'd share it with the group in case you're in the Los Angeles area waiting for your Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: MY-Y and Nezz
The wait is over. They really pushed hard to deliver for the end of quarter (September 30 … guess the next big push will be December 31)..

After almost 3 months wait, my Model 3 (MSM, white, 19”) was finally delivered to my house last week. I was initially supposed to pick up the car at the Fremont delivery center. Then at the last minute they decided to bring the car to me.

Pro was it saved me a (30 minutes one way) trip. Con was I was dealing with essential a single delivery person (unlike at the center, where they can easily call on others for support If needed). She helped me to get my phone working as the key and took my cashier check. Then she Uber back to her office.

The next day, I got a Fedex delivery of the registration papers to sign and sent back. Enclosed in the package were a set of temporary paper license plates. Strange. The car was delivered with temporary plates (with different number) on it already.

When I backed the car out of the garage, it made a strange whirring sound like the motor was straining. WTF. it is a brand new car! Googling the web to see if others had the same experience. Turned out it is a feature … PWS (Pedestrian Warning System) since September 2019.

All in all, great car. Very happy with it.

Last edited:
I Ordered my model 3 SR+ 9/15/22 for a while my EDD was about December, Then last week it was October 31- November 30, as of today it has changed to October 17th to October 30th. I'm wondering if I should get excited or just remain cautions about said date. I don't want to get over excited and then have it tell me EDD is March 2022. I haven't got a VIN nor has Tesla reached out. I only wonder because I hear stories of people getting theirs MONTHS later and for me would just be a little over a month. Thoughts?

FWIW, just an update on my order.
Ordered: 8/31/2021 EDD: 10/2 -11/24 (as of 9/1); 12/22-1/11 (as of 9/24); 10/22-11/11 (as of 10/4)

From my experience with our first Tesla, I have no idea if these dates mean anything. Just thought I'd share it with the group in case you're in the Los Angeles area waiting for your Tesla.
Completely understand the uncertainty, but as soon you get a "definite" date, I can imagine how other worldly that is going to feel!

I Ordered my model 3 SR+ 9/15/22 for a while my EDD was about December, Then last week it was October 31- November 30, as of today it has changed to October 17th to October 30th. I'm wondering if I should get excited or just remain cautions about said date. I don't want to get over excited and then have it tell me EDD is March 2022. I haven't got a VIN nor has Tesla reached out. I only wonder because I hear stories of people getting theirs MONTHS later and for me would just be a little over a month. Thoughts?
I got my VIN within days of the actual delivery.

How do I delay delivery? When I ordered the car a month ago, they were estimating January for the delivery date. Now, they're saying it'll be sometime in the next two weeks, which is not going to work.
Message your delivery advisor They should have sent you a text message the day after you ordered to Introduce themselves. Ask them if you can push out. Iirc you can one time without forefeiting your deposit. Tho things could have changed there to.

Sounds like mine, I ordered a couple days before you, and went from Jan to Nov 15th, then to Dec 1 to 25th, then last week went from Oct 24th to Nov15th, Im hoping that it only changes for the better and not the worse. I am located near Sacramento

Has anyone receive a LFP with their original reservation and not through inventory?
I'd like to know this as well. My impression from what I've read here is the only LFP cars delivered were bought out of inventory. I'm also curious if LFP cars are still showing up in inventory or if this was just a temporary thing to deal with a supply issue. I know Elon has made comments about LFP being the future for standard range, and that might be happening in Europe and Asia, but I'd really like to know the timeline for LFP in North America.

I had the Model 3 inventory page bookmarked and maybe clicked on it a little too often. Anyway, I haven't seen any 253mi SR+ in at least 10 days. They dropped quite a few SR+ last week into inventory, all with 262 mi & all had 19" sport wheel installed. Boost quarter numbers and revenue I guess. Can't tell if they are LFP's or that the LFP have officially been marked as 262mi EPA. Won't know until someone who bought one from inventory and let us know the weight.

I had the Model 3 inventory page bookmarked and maybe clicked on it a little too often. Anyway, I haven't seen any 253mi SR+ in at least 10 days. They dropped quite a few SR+ last week into inventory, all with 262 mi & all had 19" sport wheel installed. Boost quarter numbers and revenue I guess. Can't tell if they are LFP's or that the LFP have officially been marked as 262mi EPA. Won't know until someone who bought one from inventory and let us know the weight.
I picked one up with 262 miles and sport wheels from inventory and it is NCA.

I spoke to a showroom supervisor because j was supposed to test drive a sr+ (have driven LRrwd when service was going my alignment but wanted to see the difference) they sold the car right off the floor quite literally. He said that all showrooms were told to sell all their inventory and to check back in a couple weeks. I decided to just go for it.

Our EDD shows Oct 5th-Oct 25th, so the days have finally arrived in a few hours. Only contact we have had so far is a text from Tesla a few weeks ago that she will unlock some lease/loan portal once delivery approaches. I must say, our first M3 purchase went a lot smoother but there was also a lot less deliveries going on 3 years ago. Looking forward to having a 2nd Tesla in the garage!

same here. I ordered mode 3 SR+ on Sep 4. Initially nothing shows on the estimate delivery date, then about 2 days, it shows Oct 25 - Nov 14. But today I got a notice for my test drive scheduled tmr saying no demo car is available and have them checked my order. The agent said Sep order will be delivered in next Mar.