Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Started Giving me Sat view and Traffic!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got to a supercharger a -21 celsius this morning... i was browsing the web, then suddenly the screen went back to the charging. I closed the browser and charging screen and i noticed two little buttons on the right side of the map. I know these buttons were not there before (i know the UI pretty much by heart). Pressed on them and turns out they are the traffic and satellite map view. I came back home with the features enabled. Works fine.

the thing is... im on a M3 SR+ and i’m not supposed to have these features. They are reserved for long range and above owners.
Is this a bug? Have i been activated remotely by mistake? Is it a change in policy for Tesla M3 SR+ owners?

Most importatly, is this going to stay?
I sure hope so.

whats your take?

haha not sure they are able to correlate my car with my user here. But yeah it might raise attention. Should have kept quiet maybe hehe.
Tesla has bigger things to worry about than one singular user getting PC for free. That being said, you might still get snared in the future and it gets removed in one of their famous feature audits. Enjoy while it lasts!

Did you happen to sign-up for Premium Connectivity recently (or they inadvertently gave it to you)? Check your account profile to see if you have it.
I didn’t sign up for premium connectivity but i still have premium connectivity though.
I’ve been having it since about september.
People in Canada still have premium for free i believe.
The sat view and traffic though, thats new for me.