Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ tire replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr X

Jan 18, 2013
1 AU
My car came with these tires stock https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...utoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+3&autoYear=2018

There is still tread left but eventually when it comes time to replace they cost a grand. For that price range, should I try the Pilot Sport 4S's instead? I know I'll lose a little range, but wouldn't mind a thicker grippier tire.

Anyone have them on their SR+? I get ~200 miles on a 90% charge currently. How much range should I expect to lose with Pilot Sports? 10 miles less per charge?

And besides that, are the stock continentals the best for the most range on my car or is there a better tire for range that costs less? Just curious

The 4S is the best summer tire you can get- as long as you don't need to drive it in weather under ~40 degrees, get it.

Not only will it handle better, it's stop shorter too.

Can't say how much range you'll lose on an SR+, I know on LRs going from the stock 18 MXM4s (not even as sticky as the 19" contis you have) most folks report a roughly 5-10% increase in wh/mi- I'd expect a smaller loss going from the Continentals to the PS4s.

There's almost certainly tires with better range you could get- but you'd have worse handling and longer stopping distances.

Everything's a trade-off.

Reactions: Mr X
Looks like I'll be going with the PS4S's!

I'm at 18,204 miles on the Conti's and have 3/32's in the rear and 4/32's in the front. Should note that I have not rotated them in the past 9,000 miles so that is completely my own fault. Could have gotten several thousand more miles out of them. Don't know why I neglected them smh. That and I do launch my car from stops often

But I won't be neglecting the 4S's. Going to rotate every 5,000 miles. iPhone reminder will be set.

I want these to make it 20k at least.

And I'll be keeping an eye on the efficiency loss and how much my range may drop. Curious to see this

Last edited: