Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ tyre replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Team,

the time has come to replace all 4 of my OEM PS4s - i managed to get 36k kms out of them after 2 rotations.

i’m looking for tyre recommendations that are available locally - 235/45/18

Michelin PS4 - $600 each (unsure if this is the T0 option with foam)

Hankook Ventus Prime 3 - $275 each from Hyper on sale + delivery, fitting, balancing so works to about $320 each

Bridgestone S007A - $445 each

Nexen AU5 - $320 each

Hoping to get as much or more mileage out of the new set.

Anyone has any real NZ experience with the replacements noted above or any other recommendations?

cheers!

Reactions: Audietron
I've just had the Hancook's put on. 1170 or so done for the set (via hyperdrive and a local fitter).

Seem ok, no idea on wear rate, they seem a touch more noisy ( more hollow sound when you hit things) but not much, also a touch less grip in the dry (I have a performance.. ) but seem decent all round so far.

Hi Team,

the time has come to replace all 4 of my OEM PS4s - i managed to get 36k kms out of them after 2 rotations.

i’m looking for tyre recommendations that are available locally - 235/45/18

Michelin PS4 - $600 each (unsure if this is the T0 option with foam)

Hankook Ventus Prime 3 - $275 each from Hyper on sale + delivery, fitting, balancing so works to about $320 each

Bridgestone S007A - $445 each

Nexen AU5 - $320 each

Hoping to get as much or more mileage out of the new set.

Anyone has any real NZ experience with the replacements noted above or any other recommendations?

cheers!
I had Audi A8L before Tesla and always set for Bridgestone... lasted around 40-45K with cross country drive thru unpaved gavel all type roads and sand... from my experience, better than Pirelli, typically considered number one performance tyre...

23524AC3-0280-4052-A4D2-72252851D5D6.jpeg
ca12bac9-95a5-472d-9c1f-51f0e5a2dbd2-jpeg.732090
…and we have a puncture. Thankfully repairable.

Tesla roadside agent delivered and installed a loaner wheel and i had the tyre patched up at my local shop.

Rocked the mismatch wheel for a day before returning it to the Welly Service Centre

Attachments

• CA12BAC9-95A5-472D-9C1F-51F0E5A2DBD2.jpeg
    CA12BAC9-95A5-472D-9C1F-51F0E5A2DBD2.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 458
  • Helpful
View attachment 732091
ca12bac9-95a5-472d-9c1f-51f0e5a2dbd2-jpeg.732090
…and we have a puncture. Thankfully repairable.

Tesla roadside agent delivered and installed a loaner wheel and i had the tyre patched up at my local shop.

Rocked the mismatch wheel for a day before returning it to the Welly Service Centre
good old days when there were spare wheel in boot... but happy to see that you had very quick turn-around time... as long as n o need to tow around - it's not bad experience.

I had a slow leak in one of my tyres
Fortunately I was able to make it to my local tyre joint
Turned out I'd managed to pick up a nail somewhere
The tyre was repaired

Tesla used to sell Tesla Tire Repair Kit
Now it looks like they only sell the sealant for the kit
No sign of the kit in the store anymore

Yeah the tyre repair kit came in handy to at least keep the tyre inflated until the loaner wheel arrived. Surprised to year they don’t have them on the store anymore but I guess any generic kit will do.

Attachments

• FA163454-C6C7-4D47-8E9F-59B408B4EEEC.jpeg
    FA163454-C6C7-4D47-8E9F-59B408B4EEEC.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 67
How do you find the Michelin Primacy 4 vs the OEM Pilot Sports? My original set is getting a bit tail-happy in the wet now despite still having legal tread it's easy to see the rears are worn far more than the fronts (never did get around to rotating them).

Have had them on for about 8,000 kms (in 3 months) and nearing first rotation. They have been pretty good, it is summer in NZ so has been mostly driving in dry conditions. Overall really happy with them, they seem to be wearing a little better. Perhaps a slightly louder low frequency rumble compared to the PS4 T0, but not really noticeable with the radio and A/C on.

I recently did a full set replacement of the OEM Pilot Sport 4 on my 2019 Performance Stealth with the same tyres. I figured since they lasted so well over 46,000km I'd go with the same. Only downside was that the only fitter in NZ with the TO spec in stock was Beaurepaires at $520 a tyre. Mag & Turbo and Hyperdrive usually stock the TO spec too but had no stock and weren't expecting any until late Feb/early March.

So if you think you're needing tyres soon and want the OEMs, don't be like me...start ordering them a month or so ahead of when you think you'll need them

• Helpful
Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
New tyre time. Primacy 4 lasted 41k kms, compared to 36k kms for the oem PS4 T0. I could have gotten a bit more as the fronts still have decent thread but the rears are at the minimum and the tyre shop would not rotate them.

Prices have gone up wildly in the past few months. The Primacy 4 was $439 and the PS5 at $449.

I have decided to go with Continental MaxContact 6 this time around. The reviews suggest comparable overall performance to the PS4 with better wet weather braking and better wear rating.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ecoli