TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SR+ Unwired Speaker Locations...drivers still there on recent VINs?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by wingnutsglory, Oct 4, 2019.

1. wingnutsglory

wingnutsglory Member

There are plenty of posts showing the locations of the SR+ deactivated speakers, or at least where they should be. Has anyone with a recent SR+ (last month or two) confirmed that the speakers are actually still there and simply unwired? I know others have found they are but I'm curious if they're still being manufactured with them in place. I'm particularly interested in the rear deck speakers.

2. mwfriederichs

mwfriederichs Member

May 2019 build, still had unwired speakers in mirror patch, a-pillar, and rear deck.

3. wingnutsglory

wingnutsglory Member

Thanks. I wonder about Q3 builds....anyone?

4. LakeWorthB

LakeWorthB Member

If you have one, I think you can see the rear deck speakers from inside the trunk.

5. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

You can’t as there is a metal piece covering it, you have to close the trunk and look down into the windshield and by using a flashlight looking through the holes, you can then see the center cone of the speaker.

Fred

6. Andy_STL

Andy_STL Member

I still don't understand why they didn't just wire the additional speakers and software limit them. I would be happy to give Tesla $$ now to unlock those speakers.

• Like x 1
  7. LakeWorthB

LakeWorthB Member

I am pretty sure the rear-shelf speakers in premium sound by the rear amp that is part of subwoofer assembly, which is why they aren't connected.