Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ v10 Netflix and Youtube working without wifi?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup - The Spotify integration works over LTE as well. I was using that all that way up to Manchester and back yesterday without a hitch.

Here's the note about the temporary nature of it in the V10 release notes.

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    511.4 KB · Views: 262
Yup - The Spotify integration works over LTE as well. I was using that all that way up to Manchester and back yesterday without a hitch.

Here's the note about the temporary nature of it in the V10 release notes.

ah cool, good find. they didn't have time to write the code to handle subscriptions then. either way it's awesome, it means we can subscribe to it later

Reactions: drewpost
ah cool, good find. they didn't have time to write the code to handle subscriptions then. either way it's awesome, it means we can subscribe to it later

TBH - I think you're onto something with that. I've got a working theory about Tesla's seeming inability to manage subscriptions etc: They currently use Salesforce as their CRM which is powering all user management. When I was placing my order in store, my rep in the store mentioned offhandedly how much he was looking forward to their new system and moving away from Salesforce.

I asked him what he meant and he said that they were close to migrating to a new custom platform. I wonder if that new platform is a dependency for all of the user-based subscription options. I've tried wrangling Salesforce before and it's fairly brittle when it comes to integrating with other custom platforms.

Could be totally wrong but it does make sense...

Not recieved my M3 yet but awaiting a Standard Plus - does this mean Spotify will be avalible (currently temporary, in the future paid subscription), on an M3 that just has the Partial Premium interior?

If so, that's great, I had all my music loaded onto a USB stick, not an ideal solution, I wanted to be able to use Spotify.

Not recieved my M3 yet but awaiting a Standard Plus - does this mean Spotify will be avalible (currently temporary, in the future paid subscription), on an M3 that just has the Partial Premium interior?

If so, that's great, I had all my music loaded onto a USB stick, not an ideal solution, I wanted to be able to use Spotify.

The capability is there now on any SR+ with Partial Premium interior running V10 in the UK to use Spotify from the built in system but you need your own Spotify account to log in.

The theory is that the restriction is more tied to Premium Connectivity vs Partial Premium interior as there is a material ongoing cost to Tesla form the data costs involved in providing this over the inbuilt LTE connection.

The capability is there now on any SR+ with Partial Premium interior running V10 in the UK to use Spotify from the built in system but you need your own Spotify account to log in.

The theory is that the restriction is more tied to Premium Connectivity vs Partial Premium interior as there is a material ongoing cost to Tesla form the data costs involved in providing this over the inbuilt LTE connection.
Amazing! I have a Spotify subscription and use it on a daily basis so super happy about that.

Yeah figured this might happen - there was always talk of some kind of paid subscrption being introduced to cover the LTE data costs. As long as it's not extortionate i'd pay for it.

Reactions: ME_UK and drewpost
Amazing! I have a Spotify subscription and use it on a daily basis so super happy about that.

Yeah figured this might happen - there was always talk of some kind of paid subscrption being introduced to cover the LTE data costs. As long as it's not extortionate i'd pay for it.

Same here. It was super convenient yesterday when I had a chance to use it in anger for the first time. I'm currently on Apple Music though so will have to decide what I want to do. Unfortunately the playlist support over Bluetooth that was part of V10 doesn't work for the Music app on the iPhone so if I want screen based management, it's Spotify or bust.

I'm also hoping that a premium connectivity subscription gives us the ability to get the satellite map view (not functional but lovely to have) and the display of traffic on the map (very useful).

TBH - I think you're onto something with that. I've got a working theory about Tesla's seeming inability to manage subscriptions etc: They currently use Salesforce as their CRM which is powering all user management. When I was placing my order in store, my rep in the store mentioned offhandedly how much he was looking forward to their new system and moving away from Salesforce.

I asked him what he meant and he said that they were close to migrating to a new custom platform. I wonder if that new platform is a dependency for all of the user-based subscription options. I've tried wrangling Salesforce before and it's fairly brittle when it comes to integrating with other custom platforms.

Could be totally wrong but it does make sense...

I think they are quite pragmatic in their software revisions. They seem to not sweat the small stuff. In this case I imagine the issue was that they want to push out browsers/netflix but going through the hassle of limiting it for some people or pushing them to subscription would hold things up too long while that part is developed. So they just go with it and let some people benefit. Probably rationalised by the fact they will be able to use the usage data to determine what subscription packages they should offer people later on.

I work in IT and head up a small team of developers, I make similar decisions from time to time to get product to market. So when I suspect other companies doing the same I always get intrigued.

WRT Salesforce, like so many startups you go for that sort of thing and realise later on it's actually awful and expensive. They've probably built their own thing now that they know how their business needs to run exactly.

Reactions: drewpost