Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ vs Dual / premium interior vs Partial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before version 10 came out, you could not be connected to the internet, tune in with the SR+ / partial interior. I remember seeing as soon as the new version came out that people actually did have connectivity, they just couldn't see traffic live but they could Connect into TuneIn as well as Spotify. Is that still the same case? Is the only difference now with premium interior more speakers, live traffic, and fog lamps? I really like to have the connectivity but I don't think I need the dual motor for the extra $9k.

Would like to hear if people still have the connectivity and SR+ was that just a trial, or is that seem permanent at this point?

And if you want to throw in reasons why I should spend the extra money and get the dual motor, I am listening to that as well. But I do not care at all about speed. I just felt like the SR plus drove a little smoother than the dual motor all-wheel drive

As of right now, everyone with an SR and SR+ have LTE streaming of Netflix Hulu, Spotify and tune in. We do not have life traffic view and satellite maps.

It has also been said that this is a trial only in the update, when it will end....no one knows but Tesla.

So far the only difference with the premium interior and partial (SR have) is the lack of:

-rear seat heater
- subwoofer, rear deck speakers, door tweeters.
- fog lamps

Reactions: BZM3
Our best guess is that we will have the premium connectivity in "trial mode" until there is a solidified subscription plan offered. The general consensus/rumor is that this will end up being around $10 a month. I don't see this dropping off before that is offered. This also applies to Premium Interior, it always said it was 12 months free. It just seems as though now we ALL are getting the free..

@MikeR55 This was something we considered prior to buying. Look at where you would drive this car 90% of the time. After that, you can then start removing things that just aren't important to you.

For us:
1. 90% is local driving, occasional road trips (just did Incline Village in Tahoe, they just opened a S.C. there at Raley's)
2. Once a month the the Bay Area for work and visit mom (S.C.'s everywhere)
3. After that, no value in live traffic maps, premium sound, rear seat heaters, etc..

For us, standard range, no self driving, spent that money on Wheels & Tires, Tinted windows, wireless charging deck, other very cheap upgrades and this car is BADAZZ!

O, and I sold the wheels & ties & areo caps for $1,000 cash.

Good luck

Dual motor comes with the long range battery pack too.

Yep that I know, but a
@MikeR55 This was something we considered prior to buying. Look at where you would drive this car 90% of the time. After that, you can then start removing things that just aren't important to you.

For us:
1. 90% is local driving, occasional road trips (just did Incline Village in Tahoe, they just opened a S.C. there at Raley's)
2. Once a month the the Bay Area for work and visit mom (S.C.'s everywhere)
3. After that, no value in live traffic maps, premium sound, rear seat heaters, etc..

For us, standard range, no self driving, spent that money on Wheels & Tires, Tinted windows, wireless charging deck, other very cheap upgrades and this car is BADAZZ!

O, and I sold the wheels & ties & areo caps for $1,000 cash.

Good luck

Thanks! I really do like having live traffic since I drive all over Los Angeles. I work from home so I don't drive a lot, most of my trips are back and forth to Big Bear where I have a few cabins. Although I try to avoid going up there in the winter so the all-wheel drive is not that important to me, but not necessarily a bad thing to have.

Reactions: DWdrum
Before version 10 came out, you could not be connected to the internet, tune in with the SR+ / partial interior. I remember seeing as soon as the new version came out that people actually did have connectivity, they just couldn't see traffic live but they could Connect into TuneIn as well as Spotify. Is that still the same case? Is the only difference now with premium interior more speakers, live traffic, and fog lamps? I really like to have the connectivity but I don't think I need the dual motor for the extra $9k.

Would like to hear if people still have the connectivity and SR+ was that just a trial, or is that seem permanent at this point?

And if you want to throw in reasons why I should spend the extra money and get the dual motor, I am listening to that as well. But I do not care at all about speed. I just felt like the SR plus drove a little smoother than the dual motor all-wheel drive

All Model 3's have this connectivity only temporarily - sooner or later we'll start getting charged.
Even the premium interior cars are 1 year free.

Reactions: BZM3