Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ vs LR AWD, buying advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, new here!
I would really appreciate some advice to help me making the best choice.
Here the reasons why I'm so undecided between these two:
- around 15000km per year, 5-6 long trips x year (around 600km)
- really like skiing so I was wondering if RW could be safe driving in the snow with winter tyres
- heard that SR+ audio system is kinda weak, coming from a Bose audio system in my actual car
Any thoughts?
thanks for helping

...long trips x year (around 600km)..

Range is King: Please get the longest range that you can afford!

...RW could be safe driving in the snow with winter tyres...

Just like Range: Short Range is fine but if you can afford it buy the longest one you can.

Same with Rear Wheel Drive and All Wheel Drive: RWD is fine, but if you can afford it, go for AWD.

...SR+ audio system is kinda weak...

SR+ does not have a subwoofer so the bass is really weak!

Just like the above 2, missing a subwoofer is fine but if you can afford it, go for the subwoofer!

A 500 km trips isn't really a big deal. You may have to stop and charge an extra time when compared to a LR, but it's simply a matter of $$$ that works for you. 95% of the time, my 88 mile Leaf had more range than I needed.

As to the winter driving, what have you driven before? The Tesla should do easily as good as your other vehicles, if not significantly better with it's traction control.

A 500 km trips isn't really a big deal. You may have to stop and charge an extra time when compared to a LR, but it's simply a matter of $$$ that works for you. 95% of the time, my 88 mile Leaf had more range than I needed.

SR+ would be a better fit for my budget, AWD would require an extra effort

As to the winter driving, what have you driven before? The Tesla should do easily as good as your other vehicles, if not significantly better with it's traction control.

I'm actually driving a Mazda CX-5 AWD

If you need AWD, your question is answered for you. :)

Remember, you probably still have a third option to get LR/RWD, but you can't order that through the website. You have to either visit a showroom or call Tesla to place an order over the phone.

Tesla should really find a way to offer SR+/AWD, IMHO

Reactions: Bill Foster