Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Y paper says 2 motors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my SR Y today(pretty much perfect) and just noticed it calls out a front and rear motor.
PXL_20210127_013625180.jpg

No need to lay down and wiggle under the vehicle when you have a phone camera to the dirty work for you.

Monroney stickers are legally required, and may be legally binding on the manufacturer. It's a significant screw-up on Tesla's side. That is complicated by Tesla's pre-order contract, and if the label is considered a superseding document.
I know someone who forced the dealership to replace the vinyl portions on the back and trim of seats with real leather. The sticker specified leather seats, but portions of the seat (from Nissan, iirc) used cheaper vinyl in places. They complained, and got custom stitched leather seats.
I’d close the sale and then come back for your second motor.

How's the real world range? The reports of the 50kWh battery are scaring me.

I drive 20 miles to work and 20 miles back, that is pretty much all I'll do in this car(My last vehicle, 6 years old, 66k miles). So I dont need much range.

The wife has a LR Y for our trips and stuff.

The trip to work is taking 10% battery. So it looks like around 220 miles range real world. Fastest speed is about 63 for 16 of those 20 miles. I also have the 20" wheels so that gives it a hit also.

• Informative
Reactions: PearlShark
But your range would by abysmal. Take the Model 3 for example. 33% increase in battery and only a 29% increase in range so a net loss on a more efficient vehicle. You’d be 230 miles or less rated, probably 200 or less actual after the first couple of months and closer to 100 miles in cold weather. If it’s an around town car then no worries but a family trip car would be highly reliant on supercharging or close destinations.

All you have to do is take a picture to find out. There are plenty of threads here and in the Model 3 forum about how to take a picture of the front motor plate for determining part number, it would be the exact same to determine if there is a motor there.

However, I’d venture that it is exactly the same sheet of paper as the Long Range, just they for got to change the motor info. They changed the title from long to standard and figured the job was done.

You won't find a dual motor Model 3 or Model Y with the SR/SR+ size battery pack because the lower capacity battery pack is more limited in how much power can be drawn from the battery, can't deliver peak power for two motors.