Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone still waiting on their SR Y? I have a white on black on 19" 5 seater and no eta or vin. I put my order back in jan but was talking to my advisor about a late feb/mar delivery as I didnt need the car til then. Luckily for me the 2k price drop happened and I declined an inventory car. Now the car is missing and my advisor texted me that I might not get my car... Anyone in the same boat as me? I am in socal if that matters.

Anyone still waiting on their SR Y? I have a white on black on 19" 5 seater and no eta or vin.
I put my order back in jan but was talking to my advisor about a late feb/mar delivery as I didnt need the car til then.
Luckily for me the 2k price drop happened and I declined an inventory car.
Now the car is missing and my advisor texted me that I might not get my car... Anyone in the same boat as me?
I am in socal if that matters.
This B.S., from Elon Musk twitter (Feb 22, 2021), you can still order the SR but only from a SC, not online.

That's what I figured, but my SA was adamant they it isn't 100% the factory will make anymore. So he was telling me to take a inventory one, but most of them are sold out anyways. Pretty much trying to get me to change to a LR.

https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/

Not that that is 100% but there are 2 white with black interior Ys in inventory in the US. 1 in Miami and 1 in NY. Not sure if they’ll ship those back across country or how much they charge if they would. Otherwise you are looking at another color with black interior or white on white for 41k. On the Tesla site there are 3 non white exterior, white interior demo vehicles for <42k in SoCal. No new SRs show as in inventory anywhere other than the east coast.

If you are adamant about the white on black SR then you need to tell your advisor you will take delivery tomorrow if he can find one. Otherwise, may need to wait for the Texas freeze related parts delay to cycle through the factory for it to get back to production and hope they churn out some more SRs.

Reactions: EV-CPO
https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/

Not that that is 100% but there are 2 white with black interior Ys in inventory in the US. 1 in Miami and 1 in NY. Not sure if they’ll ship those back across country or how much they charge if they would. Otherwise you are looking at another color with black interior or white on white for 41k. On the Tesla site there are 3 non white exterior, white interior demo vehicles for <42k in SoCal. No new SRs show as in inventory anywhere other than the east coast.

If you are adamant about the white on black SR then you need to tell your advisor you will take delivery tomorrow if he can find one. Otherwise, may need to wait for the Texas freeze related parts delay to cycle through the factory for it to get back to production and hope they churn out some more SRs.
Is there some news about the Texas freeze causing parts delay for Tesla?

If you really want one, there are 7 in Honolulu, 2 white, but neither has your configuration.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Since you are in So Cal, the cost to ship would be maybe a little more than $1000 which is funny, because that's how much I paid to ship from Honolulu to my Island, which is very very close compared to California. You would use a guy there who accepts on your behalf, then brings it to the boat for you. Your only choices are Pasha or Matson for shippers. It takes about 2 weeks, give or take, depending on when the boats leave.

I don't suspect they will last because the SRY is a good option over here, as it is always warm, the islands are small (i.e. 100 miles is a huge road trip even here on the Big Island), and you can't go over 60 anyway as there is traffic or the roads are 2 lane outside of Honolulu, and if you manage it, the police are waiting.

Reactions: Macbest
Hoping that the factory reopening will get me my car by end of March. Really wanted the new headlights but my SA is saying it's only for the performance but this guy is trying to upsell me every chance I get so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Looks like a whole bunch more were unloaded in the Midwest. I counted over 50 earlier this morning with black interior and Gemini wheels.

Now if I can get my SA to have Tesla match my Carvana quote for my 2020 M3, I’d swap in a heartbeat. But currently there is a $7,000 gap in the quotes...

Looks like a whole bunch more were unloaded in the Midwest. I counted over 50 earlier this morning with black interior and Gemini wheels.

Now if I can get my SA to have Tesla match my Carvana quote for my 2020 M3, I’d swap in a heartbeat. But currently there is a $7,000 gap in the quotes...

Counted 50 - where did you get this info, from the tracking spreadsheet?

Anyone still waiting on their SR Y?

I'm waiting for mine. I placed my order a few days before the Y SR disappeared. I may be the oddball out there with a Y SR (7-seater) rather than the Y SR (5). From what the rep told me, there's a lot more orders for Y LR's than SR's, about the range of 70/30.

Where my price range is at, was either the 3 LR or Y SR (7). My gut feeling, or conjecture, (which is probably incorrect), is that the Y SR is discontinued because it may be eating into the 3 LR sales.

I think the latest update saying all SR vehicles would be switching to LFP batteries to ensure their maintains a supply. Likely want to keep current cells for LR vehicles with higher profit margins. So you pause SR until LFP makes it to Fremont. He did not say SR 3 which would say the SR Y is dead. He said all SR vehicles.

Anyone else out there with a model Y SR on order? I still have mine from Feb... had put the delivery on hold, but that hold was lifted in June. Wondering how many others are also waiting, and wondering if we'll actually get a car...