Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

St. Joseph, MO ChaDeMO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought we might as well start a thread considering there are no plans between Omaha or Lincoln and Independence for a Supercharger. We use it regularly when going through Independence. Anyone ever have the issue of the station being ICE'd? It happened to us today at late last year. They recently put up a sign "Electric Vehicle Charging Station" in the parking spot but that didn't stop a Ford F-150 from parking there. We blocked him in and charged till he came out. I told him he shouldn't block the station as it is just like me blocking a gas pump that he needs but he just ignored me. Of course I moved the car and let him out but it's a little irritating because we normally walk aroung in the store but instead had to wait in the car for him to get back out. We so hope one day Tesla puts a supercharger in St. Joseph.

I have used the St. Joe CHAdeMO many times, may well use it next weekend. I have never been ICE'd. I also use the CHAdeMO in KC that is closer to Omaha than the Independence Supercharger, making it easier to get home and skip the St. Joe stop.
I would guess that a SuperCharger between Independence, MO, and Council Bluffs would be closer to midway than in St. Joe.
Before I had my CHAdeMO adapter, the trek in bad weather from the Independence SupC to the Council Bluffs one was very arduous at times, with, one time, three hours of stops for level 2 charging to make it home. I understand better how to travel in bad/cold/windy weather now, plus I have the CHAdeMO for that long (200 mi is long in bad/cold/windy weather) trip with the two CHAdeMO stops between the SuperChargers (St Joe and N KC).

Stopped on the way home today, remembered that they have added a metal sign that sits at the front of the stall down off the curb, making it very obvious. The signage is something about EV parking, and seems that it would be helpful. You can also charge by parking north of the charging stand.
Thanks HyVee for having the stall (and I also used the ones in the North Kansas City HyVee twice this weekend).