TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

St. Leonards & Richmond Superchargers Gone From Map

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by rohan3au, May 8, 2019.

1. rohan3au

rohan3au Member

Visit a Store | Tesla Australia

Thoughts? I'm hoping this is purely an error. The service centre map listing for these locations still says supercharger, but the icons are gone for them?

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

I know that the Atlanta area service center removed theirs from the map. Too much fighting between needing for delivery and folks without home charging.

3. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

This would have been expected eventually, but I wouldn't thought not until after they had installed enough dedicated supercharger sites around each city (such as at freeway intersections around the perimeter of each city).

• Like x 1
  4. mike_j

mike_j Member

Has it confused any car routing - i.e. does the car still route through these superchargers if it needs the charge?

5. rowdy

rowdy Member

Maybe they are getting upgraded with the new cables

6. Chenkers

Chenkers Member

I was at Richmond today and there's no sign of upgrade works. All stalls were full though.

7. smithy

smithy Member

St Leonards is still showing as a service centre and in the description says "Charging
    6 superchargers, available 24/7, up to 120kW ", but yeah, is still gone from the SC map.

I hope it doesn't go, as it's only 6 minutes drive from my house :(

8. Rockford

Rockford Member

Surely not, that would leave the whole of Sydney with a grand total of 1 Supercharger location. (in the basement of a shopping centre)

9. smithy

smithy Member

They are both back on the map

10. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Some peripheral superchargers would be good in Sydney. Useful for unplanned road trips when you don’t have time to home charge, and also useful for getting back without stress. Eg Wahroonga, Penrith, Sutherland, Campbelltown.

I still reckon every 2nd M3 owner will want to supercharge too. We really will need some urban superchargers.

• Like x 1
  11. Morris1100S

Morris1100S Member

Kariong Central Coast NSW would be a great spot for a SC too. Easy access off and on M1. Has Coles Servo and a few shops. Perfect for Gosford.

12. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Agreed.
    Especially useful for people who go between Sydney and Newcastle.
    The Heatherbrae charger is not really useful for the Sydney Newcastle trip.

• Like x 2
  13. Rockford

Rockford Member

Twin servos on the M4 would be good, in the Red Rooster car park (always plenty of spots in there), is just off the M7 for travellers and has Maccas, Red Rooster, and Service station. Will be near the new Zoo, Wet n Wild, Eastern Creek Raceway etc.

14. Fantomsss

Fantomsss Member

Something towards blue mountains for those unplanned trips as well. Say I’m 40% charge and want go go Canberra or Blue Mountains and beyond or Bilpin but don’t live in the city, more in the west, norwest of Sydney.