TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

St Louis Auto Show 1/24/13 - 1/27/13

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Liz G, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Liz G

Liz G P03056

The St. Louis Auto Show will be Jan 24th to the 27th at the Edward Jones Dome.
    St. Louis Auto Show

Tesla is not going to be officially there.

But 2 Model S's will be on display in the Eco City thanks to members of the STL Tesla Enthusiasts Group and the Gateway EV club.
    Saint Louis Tesla Enthusiasts (Saint Louis, MO) - Meetup

So, if you're in town feel free to stop by and take a look.

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Stop by and meet some of the fellow St. Louis area enthusiasts!

3. Majerus

Majerus Member

I have emailed Tesla 3 years in a row trying to get them to have a presence at the auto show without a response. Last year the STL EV Gateway club had a members Roadster at the show. Glad to hear that the Model S will be at the show this year. :)

4. Liz G

Liz G P03056

5. FlasherZ

You managed your fear well, Liz. :)

6. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Slow motion terror for a new owner with your history!

7. Liz G

Liz G P03056

#7 Liz G, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    My husband rocks!! He's the one driving the car. I couldn't have done it.

Course we have to go thru this all over again on Sunday to get it off the stage.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

OMG, I can't believe you let them do that! I broke out in a sweat just watching it and it's not even my car!

9. Majerus

Majerus Member

yea I am pretty sure I would have found a better way to get it onto that stage..

10. FlasherZ

11. Majerus

Majerus Member

Here are some cell pics ( sorry if they look awful) . One of Liz G being interviewed by a local station, and another of her car on the platform.
    IMG_20130125_221443.jpg
    IMG_20130125_220132.jpg

12. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@LizG - Are those white seats or tan seats? If white, any blue jean trauma?

13. Liz G

Liz G P03056

They're tan.

14. zdre

zdre 40kWh Model S P6415

Thanks LizG and FlasherZ for representing Tesla at the auto show! With tremendous knowledge and enthusiasm about the Model S, both of you are easily mistaken for Tesla employees. It was nice talking to you again.

15. vevans

vevans Member

I knew the car was nice but after my wife and I saw it and could sit inside we are excited to get the car. Also Liz G and Flasher Z I appreciate the time u took showing the car to us. Just counting down now the Model S was the best sedan at the show.

16. FlasherZ

I don't have much of a voice left, but it was a good showing for Model S I think. The "top 3" items heard around my car:

"Oh, it's electric!" (after walking to the left side, seeing the UMC plugged in)
    "Look at these seats in the back!" (after seeing the third-row child seats)
    "Look at that big screen!" (the touch panel)

It was a shame that such a beautiful car on the show floor had to drive home in the rain, and I couldn't make the detail job last!

17. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Has this ever been done before?

This being ... car company does not attend auto show; instead "exhibitors" are their product EVangelists?
    I know evangelists often attend with their "host company", but instead of.

I am so proud to be part of history ... yet it's all down the vision of a company breaking all the rules and taking on an entire industry, both the auto manufacturers and big oil.

Nowhere in all my years have I ever seen such a grass roots movement take hold as well as this.

At the recent Illinois Plug in event (PIA), Tesla wanted no part (or so it seemed) to attend the plug in event nor help PIA by letting us use Oak Brook, il parking lot.

Wonder how they even feel about "us" doing this ... ?

Hats off to everyone in Stl for this achievement ... I also assume the tow truck and exhibit space was paid for by the local Tesla group?

18. FlasherZ

We received some support for the show in that Tesla provided us with brochures -- and when we blew through 350+ in the first day, overnighted another case of them so we would have enough for the whole show. There is definitely support, but like in many other areas, it just seems like Tesla needs to (and does) "pick its battles". I don't mind being the EVangelist.

One of the challenges here is that Tesla doesn't have a St. Louis store. I had to explain many, many times that to get a test drive or to see the car in more detail that they'd have to travel to Chicago. Tesla needs to continue store roll-outs in the next tier cities.

Over 100 times I had to tell people that I didn't work for Tesla, and I heard probably 20-30 times that "well, you should -- you do a great job!"

19. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I agree - Tesla has been very supportive of EVangelists in general and Plug In America in particular - assuming all the support you need is brochures, "thanks" for doing the work, and sometimes maybe a banner or table or something. I suspect this may change in the future, but at long as they are production constrained they are not really incented to do more.

I often wear a "volunteer" badge at auto shows, because EVERYBODY assumes you are an employee (everybody else working the show is!) but they put a lot more faith in your claims if you are a customer rather than an employee.

20. FlasherZ

Two photos posted this morning by Fox 2:

stl-auto-show-088.jpg
    stl-auto-show-089.jpg