Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

St Louis Auto Show 1/24/13 - 1/27/13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have emailed Tesla 3 years in a row trying to get them to have a presence at the auto show without a response. Last year the STL EV Gateway club had a members Roadster at the show. Glad to hear that the Model S will be at the show this year. :)

Here are some cell pics ( sorry if they look awful) . One of Liz G being interviewed by a local station, and another of her car on the platform.
IMG_20130125_221443.jpg

IMG_20130125_220132.jpg

Thanks LizG and FlasherZ for representing Tesla at the auto show! With tremendous knowledge and enthusiasm about the Model S, both of you are easily mistaken for Tesla employees. It was nice talking to you again.

I knew the car was nice but after my wife and I saw it and could sit inside we are excited to get the car. Also Liz G and Flasher Z I appreciate the time u took showing the car to us. Just counting down now the Model S was the best sedan at the show.

I don't have much of a voice left, but it was a good showing for Model S I think. The "top 3" items heard around my car:

"Oh, it's electric!" (after walking to the left side, seeing the UMC plugged in)
"Look at these seats in the back!" (after seeing the third-row child seats)
"Look at that big screen!" (the touch panel)

It was a shame that such a beautiful car on the show floor had to drive home in the rain, and I couldn't make the detail job last!

Has this ever been done before?

This being ... car company does not attend auto show; instead "exhibitors" are their product EVangelists?
I know evangelists often attend with their "host company", but instead of.

I am so proud to be part of history ... yet it's all down the vision of a company breaking all the rules and taking on an entire industry, both the auto manufacturers and big oil.

Nowhere in all my years have I ever seen such a grass roots movement take hold as well as this.

At the recent Illinois Plug in event (PIA), Tesla wanted no part (or so it seemed) to attend the plug in event nor help PIA by letting us use Oak Brook, il parking lot.

Wonder how they even feel about "us" doing this ... ?

Hats off to everyone in Stl for this achievement ... I also assume the tow truck and exhibit space was paid for by the local Tesla group?

Wonder how they even feel about "us" doing this ... ?

We received some support for the show in that Tesla provided us with brochures -- and when we blew through 350+ in the first day, overnighted another case of them so we would have enough for the whole show. There is definitely support, but like in many other areas, it just seems like Tesla needs to (and does) "pick its battles". I don't mind being the EVangelist.

One of the challenges here is that Tesla doesn't have a St. Louis store. I had to explain many, many times that to get a test drive or to see the car in more detail that they'd have to travel to Chicago. Tesla needs to continue store roll-outs in the next tier cities.

Over 100 times I had to tell people that I didn't work for Tesla, and I heard probably 20-30 times that "well, you should -- you do a great job!"

I agree - Tesla has been very supportive of EVangelists in general and Plug In America in particular - assuming all the support you need is brochures, "thanks" for doing the work, and sometimes maybe a banner or table or something. I suspect this may change in the future, but at long as they are production constrained they are not really incented to do more.

I often wear a "volunteer" badge at auto shows, because EVERYBODY assumes you are an employee (everybody else working the show is!) but they put a lot more faith in your claims if you are a customer rather than an employee.