Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stability control disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been this message since three days intermittently. Every time the car would be at about 25-35 mph city driving. One instance the traction control disabled message appeared alongside and regen was disabled too. Tesla helpline guy said that if the messages disappear they are nothing to be worried about. I never had them for the 17000 miles gone so far. I am going to check with my SC. Any body had similar issues???

Call the service center and ask Danny to file a ticket for you. I really hate how corporate is telling people to reboot and if it goes away, it's good-as if it's a Microsoft product.

Last edited:
Yah, they need to show the little bomb icon before the reboot. Then it doesn't "count".

I'm an equal opportunity constructive criticism generator, too... that whole "sorry, a system error occurred. <reboot>" box from the early Mac days was just as annoying.

And why did I figure Brian would be one of the first who made the comments? :)

You do have to admit that Microsoft's "just reboot and it'll clear up" bug fighting strategy of the 1990's and early 2000's was a bit troubling.

I had a similar problem last month. The traction control disabled message appeared and was unrelated to driving status. I was advised over the phone to reboot and it worked but every now and then would recur - sometimes when waking the car up and sometimes when driving. Got tired of rebooting and also a little worried so I took it in to service 3 weeks ago and they could not find anything to explain it and it hasn't happened again since then (knock on wood). They did fix some other unrelated minor problems gratis, however, and upgraded my firmware so that was nice.

I'm an equal opportunity constructive criticism generator, too... that whole "sorry, a system error occurred. <reboot>" box from the early Mac days was just as annoying.

And why did I figure Brian would be one of the first who made the comments? :)

You do have to admit that Microsoft's "just reboot and it'll clear up" bug fighting strategy of the 1990's and early 2000's was a bit troubling.
I some senses I think they all suck, but I am constantly annoyed at the random potshots taken on TMC consistently. And yes, it was kind of everyone's strategy to use Etch-A-Sketch Fix It philosophy. The sad part is we're seeing that on TM firmware updates ("I just reboot an extra time now because I keep getting glitches") and it's no longer the 90s or the 00s.

I get that people have their biases but I'm growing weary of hearing about them. An exception: I don't really care when Canadians take pride in their hockey and are a little showy about it. It's cute. :)

I get that people have their biases but I'm growing weary of hearing about them. An exception: I don't really care when Canadians take pride in their hockey and are a little showy about it. It's cute. :)

As I said, I'm an equal opportunity constructive criticism engine... I use Android, iOS, Windows 8.1, MacOS X, and they all suck. I just remember that one particular operating system required it about 3 times a day. :)

- - - Updated - - -

The symptoms occurred again at the service center and they are working on it. Car will be ready in a day.

Glad they found it!