Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Staged or real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand how someone could end up with a Tesla and not know it's an electric car. As far as I know, you can't accidentally rent one, you have to make a very specific effort. And if someone let her borrow that, why wouldn't they explain that it doesn't run on gas?

Totally staged. Her physical appearance is bit over the top to drive home the "dumb blond" aspect. Someone this dumb wouldn't know how to open the charge port door—dead giveaway. My guess is a couple of kids thought it was a cool idea that might go viral.

Think about it: If you pull up to the pump behind another vehicle, it's because you need to pump gas for your own car. Why would you remain in your vehicle and pull out your phone on the off chance that the person at the pump ahead of you would do something worthy of a viral video? At the very beginning of the video, it appears she had just exited the car and was puzzled as to the location of the gas cap. At that point, she's behaving no differently than someone driving an ICE car who's not familiar with the location of the gas cap on that particular car. Why would her behavior be worthy of being recorded at that point? It's one thing if this footage was from a dashcam running all the time and the event was captured by happenstance, but in this case, it was recorded manually. Were they somehow able to anticipate that, in the coming minutes, she would make a fool of herself so better get the phone out so you don't miss out? Funny, but completely staged.

Last edited: