Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Staggered 19 and 20 inch wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to see what stats people have been using if you have staggered 19 and 20 inch wheels on your car.

Would you guys think it is worth getting 19 or 20 inch staggered wheels? Front 8.5? Rear 9.5?

I'm looking into wheels for my car so need input from all you experts out there. Maybe SSR or Volks.

Thanks guys!

I was running 19x8.5 f and 9.5 r but I have switched to 9.5 all around. There is a ton of room front and rear and I plan to go wider in the rear with a 10 or 10.5.

I am running a staggered tire fitment to make the front wheels fit though. The front is a 245/45 and rear is 255/45. The next set of tires will be a 245/45 up front and 255/40 rear.

Just want to see what stats people have been using if you have staggered 19 and 20 inch wheels on your car.

Would you guys think it is worth getting 19 or 20 inch staggered wheels? Front 8.5? Rear 9.5?

I'm looking into wheels for my car so need input from all you experts out there. Maybe SSR or Volks.

Thanks guys!
Most people who change wheels are choosing staggered. This setup will give you a little more under steer, but you can get on the throttle much earlier out of a corner. Very happy with my staggered setup.

Many people are running 9" F and 10" R in 19s all the way to 22s.

For a 9" front, safest is 30-35mm offset
For a 10" rear, safest is 35-40mm offset
(Though a little higher or lower will work).

And the rub people are referring to is a very minor front tire rub when reversing, not really worth worrying about.

Here is my setup: New 20 Tires

Last edited:
I previously read through your post Dreamin. I love your car color. I was stuck in between the blue and white then went ahead with blue since I already have a white car.
I think I am going to try out the 19" WedsSport SA55M. Would there be any good reason to get wider wheels than 8.5 and 9.5?

hmm I have some slight rubbing with this setup (P85+)
Vossen CV4 front 20x9.0 ET35 with 255/40/20, rear 20x10.5 ET42+5 with 285/35/20
if I remove the 5mm space it will rub constant, with it, it only rub when I'm in high or go over a bump at speed
with a 12mm spacer the wheel is wider than the fender

I previously read through your post Dreamin. I love your car color. I was stuck in between the blue and white then went ahead with blue since I already have a white car.
I think I am going to try out the 19" WedsSport SA55M. Would there be any good reason to get wider wheels than 8.5 and 9.5?
I'd get the wheels/tires I really wanted (vs getting a slightly wider size in a wheel I didn't like as much).
Are you considering the Blue/black machined finish?

I'd get the wheels/tires I really wanted (vs getting a slightly wider size in a wheel I didn't like as much).
Are you considering the Blue/black machined finish?

I am considering the matte Gray Machining instead of the blue/black. Not sure how that would look on my blue car. I guess right now I am going for wheels that I like and all the wheels that I like come in smaller sizes.

Going to try out 19" and see what happens. I'll try to post some pictures when I get them.

What would be ideal tire sizes to grab for 19x8.5 +35mm front and 19x9.5 +35mm rear?

255/45 and 285/40 might work well as they have the same rolling diameter I believe.

I am considering the matte Gray Machining instead of the blue/black. Not sure how that would look on my blue car. I guess right now I am going for wheels that I like and all the wheels that I like come in smaller sizes.

Going to try out 19" and see what happens. I'll try to post some pictures when I get them.

What would be ideal tire sizes to grab for 19x8.5 +35mm front and 19x9.5 +35mm rear?

hmm I have some slight rubbing with this setup (P85+)
Vossen CV4 front 20x9.0 ET35 with 255/40/20, rear 20x10.5 ET42+5 with 285/35/20
if I remove the 5mm space it will rub constant, with it, it only rub when I'm in high or go over a bump at speed
with a 12mm spacer the wheel is wider than the fender

Weird, I have EXACTLY the same setup and no rubbing at all, not using a spacer btw. Mine is P85 though. Conti tires.

Hey,

you should skip the spacers.....

- what do you think what will happen with your warranty if you get problems with the front or rear axle?
- your direction

i had those many years ago and they could not handle the force on them.

I guess it will all be ok for a few months and then you have to remove them.

or everything needs to be lined-out again(alignment).

Do not forget the power a Tesla has compared to other cars.

The spacers need to be stronger than all the rest.

F