TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Staggered VS NON Staggered 21" OEM Telsa Rims PICTURES?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jgint, May 22, 2015.

1. Jgint

Jgint Member

Can you guys post pictures of the differences? Maybe I am slow here but I cant seem to be able to pull up correct pictures to compare. I want to upgrade from my stock 19's to the 21's but I am not sure what type I want. I know I want the grey/charcoal and not silver though.

What do you all like better? Price differences? Any other rims that look great? Share some pictures please.

Thanks so much for the help all!

J

2. skilly

skilly Member

Its not much of a difference. The rears move from 245 to 265. The real difference is cost....The staggared set isnt available as a package so its cost to source from Tesla is close to $7,000.00. And, they would only be available for purchase in your car config is its a "P"

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

#3 HankLloydRight, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    The only difference is WIDTH.. So regular pics really won't show it.. You'd need to see pics from the rear, and then the difference is only about 3/4".

But that difference requires 9" rims in the rear, vs 8.5" rims in the front.

I'd just go with the standard 8.5" rims all around and the same 4 tires of your choice. I personally like the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2s.

A non-staggered setup also means you can rotate your tires.