TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Staggered vs non-staggered 21" wheels

Discussion in 'Model S' started by andylyonette, Sep 15, 2016.

1. andylyonette

andylyonette Member

I've already bought a set of staggered grey 21" wheels eBay for when my P100DL arrives, I've now got the opportunity to buy a set of 3x 245 grey 21"s. Buying these, and tyres, on top of the staggered set I've already bought will still work out cheaper than having bought them as an option from Tesla, so am just wondering which would be better. Is there actually a benefit to running with a staggered setup? From what I read it may just make life more difficult in finding tyres that won't wear out quickly. Appreciate anyone's views on this.

Cheers,
    Andy

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Yes! It makes things more difficult. At least in the US. I have them and do regret it now. But I am SO in love with the look that I haven't bought new wheels yet. I think that one day, I'll get 20's all around without stagger.

But they are so lovely and I personally love the design of the Cyclones more than anything else I have seen.