Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Staggered Wheel/Tire Less Expensive Alternative: Hankook Ventus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Swapped out the Michelin Rubber for Hankook Ventus with a bit wider setup in rear over stock

Rear: 275/30/R21
Front: 245/35/R21

The fit is great in the rear, initial impression is that they feel great. Full set is less than $1000 delivered (Amazon Prime was the cheapest at $890).

Tire is a bit harder Michelin rating and I have used Hankook on other cars and was impressed. Not going to say they are up to the performance of the Michelin, but for how I use the car they are as good. These tires can also be "flipped" in the rears to try and extend the life of the tires in the rear before they get corded.

Anyway, just passing on the information and pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437360888.410405.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437360900.598966.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437360925.049313.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437360941.098970.jpg

Evo2's?

These tires can also be "flipped" in the rears to try and extend the life of the tires in the rear before they get corded.

This is a major advantage, that may prove as valuable as the initial savings over Michelin. The adjustable upper rear links can cost as much as a tire machine, that can flip the worn side to the outside. Food for thought.

BF Goodrich g-force sport Comp-2 T/A has excellent reviews, comes in 245/45/19, and offers similar symmetry:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport+COMP-2

Are you having any sensor issues? Tesla rep told me if I put a different rpm tire on the rear that it could cause all kinds of issues, traction, tire pressure sensor, abs, etc. I want to do the same only with a 285x30x21 which is closer to the rpm of the factory rear 265x35x21. Thanks.