Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Staggering amount of issues found at/after delivery. Considering returning the car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow.. what was the refund amount versus what you paid of I may ask?

Ask for a concession off a P Model.

Refund should be the entire amount. I just put down the $1k deposit for the Audi. Adios Tesla for a couple of years! When the money gets back I'll use that for a nice loaded Chrysler Pacifica plug-in plus a shipping container of beers.

Refund should be the entire amount. I just put down the $1k deposit for the Audi. Adios Tesla for a couple of years! When the money gets back I'll use that for a nice loaded Chrysler Pacifica plug-in.

Wow you are not joking??! Lol.

Of course you can spend as you please but I do not believe you will be happier with the alternatives.

Last edited:
Don't get too excited. He hasn't fallen far enough to settle on a Bolt.
Now I'm gonna get the C63 AMG from wifey as my daily driver! Too bad I sold the Volt. Would have loved an EV as daily driver which the Tesla was intended for. Well, only one year until the Audi arrives I guess.

Too bad they weren't being any more proactive despite the host of issues. The only options were return & refund and keeping the crap car & getting a laughable price adjustment. You'd think they would have at least offered some color upgrades or costless concessions e.g. vaporware FSD "upgrade" on a new car. Well I did ask and they said no. Their loss.

Last edited:
Refund should be the entire amount. I just put down the $1k deposit for the Audi. Adios Tesla for a couple of years! When the money gets back I'll use that for a nice loaded Chrysler Pacifica plug-in plus a shipping container of beers.
If you are looking for a plug-in hybrid with 7 seats, Volvo XC90 T8 is a fine option. If 5 seats are enough, their XC60 T8 is a good option. But they are both more expensive than the Pacifica plug-in. And there is also a plug-in Audi A3 e-tron.

Pacifica is not bad if the minivan style handling is fine with you. The other options are little nicer to drive.

Anyway, good luck. I wish your Tesla story didn't end the way it did. Hope Tesla is able to get you back again in future.

Reactions: OutofThyme
Now I'm gonna get the C63 AMG from wifey as my daily driver! Too bad I sold the Volt. Would have loved an EV as daily driver which the Tesla was intended for. Well, only one year until the Audi arrives I guess.

Too bad they weren't being any more proactive despite the host of issues. The only options were return & refund and keeping the crap car & getting a laughable price adjustment. You'd think they would have at least offered some color upgrades or costless concessions e.g. vaperware FSD "upgrade" on a new car. Well I did ask and they said no. Their loss.

Those are worker ants with no initiative and can't do anything. I would have done something for you and it didn't take me leading support teams for US, EMEA and APAC to know how to treat people.

I would really focus on what you want and set aside the disdain for the delivery team.

You've got about 11 hours to get a Model 3 Performance with free supercharging that will destroy the C63 while seating five.

I question if the Etron will actually be in your hands in a year.. and it seats five anyway. Not a competitor to the Model X or even the S.

Also, I did find a map of Audi's supercharging network. Charging locations are marked as green dots on the map. ;)

USA.jpg

If you are looking for a plug-in hybrid with 7 seats, Volvo XC90 T8 is a fine option. If 5 seats are enough, their XC60 T8 is a good option. But they are both more expensive than the Pacifica plug-in. And there is also a plug-in Audi A3 e-tron.

Pacifica is not bad if the minivan style handling is fine with you. The other options are little nicer to drive.

Anyway, good luck. I wish your Tesla story didn't end the way it did. Hope Tesla is able to get you back again in future.

Model X? Got rid of both my Audi Q5 and Honda Odyssey in exchange for one.

I didn't suggest MX because I got the impression he didn't want a Tesla at this time after everything he went through recently.

Understand but it’s important to take a step back and not extrapolate one experience to all future experiences.

Taking just OP’s Tesla experience - the failure rate is 100% Add in just my experiences the failure rate averages to 33%. That’s dramatic.

Too bad they weren't being any more proactive despite the host of issues. The only options were return & refund and keeping the crap car & getting a laughable price adjustment. You'd think they would have at least offered some color upgrades or costless concessions e.g. vaporware FSD "upgrade" on a new car. Well I did ask and they said no. Their loss.
1 year till Audi is available? Lol. Delusional

Reactions: MXWing and Icer
Understand but it’s important to take a step back and not extrapolate one experience to all future experiences.

Taking just OP’s Tesla experience - the failure rate is 100% Add in just my experiences the failure rate averages to 33%. That’s dramatic.
I don’t know. He accepted a deeply flawed car from a deeply flawed salesman knowing full well the issues. Later complains about it. Tesla gives him a full refund and even picks the car up for him so he doesn’t have to drive it back. You think Audi would do the same? Hell no

Pretty sure he’s going to huff and puff and make a lot of noise then 10 minutes before the P3D unlimited supercharging expires he’ll jump in and order. I could be wrong.. but I doubt it

Update. They said there's no new car that they can match and I have to place a new order if I want a replacement. So of course now I'm gonna get the money back. Audi e-tron here I come!

Long time Audi customer here, I am myself starting to question my decision to give these clowns money.

I put in an order, got in touch with an advisor the next day, sent all paperwork in and made full payment within a few hours. Everything nice and smooth so far. Once they had my money they stopped answering emails. The call center can't give me any actual status on the vehicle, the IDA is AWOL and the local service/delivery center's voicemail is "full and can no longer accept messages".
Based on the trucking receipt I found online, the car has been stuck in Lathrop for almost two months and seems to still be there, in which case there's no way it can make the delivery appointment.

None of this crap ever happened with Audi (or any other brand for that matter).

Reactions: SoCalGuy
Long time Audi customer here, I am myself starting to question my decision to give these clowns money.

I put in an order, got in touch with an advisor the next day, sent all paperwork in and made full payment within a few hours. Everything nice and smooth so far. Once they had my money they stopped answering emails. The call center can't give me any actual status on the vehicle, the IDA is AWOL and the local service/delivery center's voicemail is "full and can no longer accept messages".
Based on the trucking receipt I found online, the car has been stuck in Lathrop for almost two months and seems to still be there, in which case there's no way it can make the delivery appointment.

None of this crap ever happened with Audi (or any other brand for that matter).

You guys are seriously like 6 year old kids the day before Christmas. Just relax and wait your turn (yes people ordered before you are still waiting)

Wow you are not joking??! Lol.

Of course you can spend as you please but I do not believe you will be happier with the alternatives.

I have been with PacHy for more than a year and i think i saved myself tons of utility troubles by taking that instead of mod x. I've been 85% in pure electric mode btw while not sacrificing 3rd row space, charger availability, or roof rack. Comfort is spectacular. It does seem to be a bit of a lottery with Chrysler on quality, but at least i was lucky so far. Besides, isnt' it a lottery with any car, especially Tesla as well, it would seem? Service seems to vary with location but there are very good ones where i go. If ones goal is just not to produce C02 while having all the usual utility freedoms, it is a most capable entry without much compromise.

Reactions: kavyboy
You guys are seriously like 6 year old kids the day before Christmas. Just relax and wait your turn (yes people ordered before you are still waiting)

This type of fanboyism is what turns people away from this brand.

First of all, any reputable car brand won't let this crap happen in the first place---all cars purchased from manufacturers will be meticulously examined and bad apples won't be delivered to customers. Delivering a crappy/damaged car to customers then taking it back isn't good customer service. It's crappy service because the customer is not supposed to get that crappy product in the first place.

Second, the sheer amount of incompetence, unprofessionalism and lack of communication is shocking for ANY COMPANY, not to mention an aspiring premium auto maker. I seriously doubt many of their target customers would tolerate this crap, having been accustomed to the stellar service from their competitors. Again, if we are paying premium dollars for a product, we expect the quality and service to match.

Tesla is currently lacking in both and yet in order to survive, they have to successfully steal large enough market share from premium auto makers. They have a lot to learn from them on both quality control and proper delivery experience. I doubt they will be able to get it right before 2019, so my money is solidly with their competitors. I'm not a Tesla fanboy or EV enthusiast. I just want a fun, premium car that drives well. For that I have a lot of choices, and with competing EVs coming out, my choice set is expanding every day.

They already successfully turned away one customer and I doubt I'll be the only one.