Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stain on my ultra white seat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! So I had some jean stains on the driver seat and was able to wipe if off. But there is a big blue stain on the passenger seat that won't come off! I have tried baby wipes and dish soap. I have only had my model 3 for 5 days! What should I do? Attached is the picture of the seat.

Attachments

• IMG_4811.JPG
    IMG_4811.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,452
Magic eraser can work when nothing else will. The caution is not to use it often or apply too much pressure - some have raised concern/speculation that it could remove whatever "stain resistant coating" is on the seats. That said, you need to weigh that risk against the fact that there is an actual stain!

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Dre78 and fbitz777
I REALLY wanted to get the white seats because I thought they looked stunning, especially with the blue exterior that I got.... But I was SURE that there was almost no chance they would look like that 3-4 years in, even though my child is grown.

I wear jeans to work every day, but not "raw" jeans. I just wear regular levis. Raw jeans are a thing now, that more and more people who are "into jeans" wear. They bleed like crazy, though.

I also did not want to be carrying around wipes and always cleaning my seats... but I dont like "natural patina" in things so I would not want to "just live with" the "natural staining" of the seats.

This totally validates my decision to stick with the "boring" black seats. I would not expect them to look like this inside of a month, but inside of a couple years, absolutely.

Hope it comes out, OP.

Reactions: Dre78
Well, they’re white seats......

Glad I listened to my wife and went with the standard interior on our S. 18k miles, 3 kids, and still look like new, even the car seat won’t leave an imprint that doesn’t go away in a few hrs.

Reactions: Akikiki
My GF just said "that's why you wash your jeans before you wear them" apparently it's a widely know thing amongst women ... I had no idea.

You dont wash your clothes after you buy them? Always wash them. They are coated with chemicals so bugs, rats, and whatnot don't eat it in transit from China. They can probably cause cancer. Maybe Google this one and do some research. I just wash all new items to be safe.

You dont wash your clothes after you buy them? Always wash them. They are coated with chemicals so bugs, rats, and whatnot don't eat it in transit from China. They can probably cause cancer. Maybe Google this one and do some research. I just wash all new items to be safe.

I meant more along the lines of the fact that jeans "bleed" until they get their first wash, I wasn't aware of this.