TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stains on roof

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by AppleFan, Jan 4, 2015.

1. AppleFan

AppleFan Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420362063.458806.jpg
    Hi,

I parked (well, the valet did) at HK Parkview on New Year's Day and some liquid splashed onto my car leaving stains all over. I washed my car with shampoo about three hours later and most of it on the paint and windows came off. But there were still some circular stains/marks left on the roof after repeated shampooing.
    I took the car to NTI this afternoon but that didn't help. I wonder if anyone on this forum has further ideas? The stains are difficult to photograph but I tried my best in the attached photo.

Many thanks in advance!

2. Mikischu

Mikischu Member

Try to use a clay bar to remove the stain.

If that doesn't work then maybe need to do a full polish.

Good luck.

3. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

I think people go for glass (SiO2 based) coating exactly for this reason. Bird poo or liquid (dripping plumbing or paint or whatever) splash is best removed as soon as it hit your car, both alkaline or acid will leave stain. Abrasive cleaning then polish will remove it.

4. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

try cleaning with newspaper sometime that helps on only glass.
    This is why I always do a coating not polish to protect it.

5. AppleFan

AppleFan Member

Thanks for the input, guys (and gals, if there were any)!

As I mentioned here, I decided to get the Pomponazzi coating to prevent it from happening again. As for the existing stains, if I can't get them off by then, I'll ask Pomponazzi to remove them.

Thanks again.