Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stalk button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0439.JPG
I have a 2015 with AP 1.0 and I was wondering what pressing the chrome button(at the tip) on the stalk does? I can't find it in the owners manual.

I just gave back a 2014 without AP and pressing that button illuminated something on the energy panel but never figured they out either.

View attachment 216359 I have a 2015 with AP 1.0 and I was wondering what pressing the chrome button(at the tip) on the stalk does? I can't find it in the owners manual.

I just gave back a 2014 without AP and pressing that button illuminated something on the energy panel but never figured they out either.

On my March 2015 S 85D, it cancels the cruise control.

There's a little green LED under the plastic lens left of the speedometer icon in your picture. It used to light when the cruise control was enabled, but the very first software release after buying my car disabled that.

Thanks. Now that you pointed out the category, I actually did find it in the owner's manual below. I really dislike the Owner's Manual as I find it overbearing and wordy. I read about TACC and AP several times before picking up my car and actually find it much easier to use than the manual makes it out to be. So did my that button do on my loaner without AP?

Note: Depending on date of manufacture, some Model S vehicles have a button on the end of the cruise control lever. Pressing this
button when cruise control is active cancels cruise control.