Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stalled Firmware Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day before an appointment at the Service Center 2020.48.37.2 appeared. I clicked "install" in the car, then before the countdown completed decided it best to abort so the Service Center could see the car in same configuration as I was having 12V issues. The SC replaced 12V battery, declared the car fit, and on return I see 2020.48.37.2 was installed. But the app and in-car say 2020.48.37.2 is being downloaded the past 2 weeks. Since then the car has never slept and what I think is the 12V inverter contactors are cycling every 60 seconds. Am guessing the car is smart enough to not sleep during a download but is not smart enough to know the download has completed or timed out.

I have another service appointment for June 29, but this should not be that hard of a problem.

Online chat today with Tesla rep. Powered car off. Rebooted center console. Killed app on iPhone. No change. Apparently the rep could not reach into the car to reset the firmware update.

Tesla_Stalled_Update.jpg