Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Audio Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new P100D has just the standard audio system, I noticed an area for tweeters at the bottom of the A pillars in the front by the dash. Does the base model have tweeters in this location or are they only in the UHFD system?

Was going to pull the trim and take a look, but wasn't sure if that trim piece for the A pillars was just put on with snap fasters or if there was a hidden screw somewhere.

This has the speaker locations and what is known about each speaker for the different configurations:
https://teslatap.com/articles/audio-systems-for-the-tesla-model-s-and-model-x/

The pillar speakers seem to be vibrating when I put my hand up there.

I didn't spring for the premium sound package. For one thing I like having the cubby hole where the woofer goes, and I was coming form a 1992 Buick. Great car, for 1992, but CD players were an expensive option when I bought it so I lived with a tape player for 24 years. I actually had mix tapes in the car until June 2016. The sound system was also decent for 1992, but the standard sound system on the Model S is literally decades ahead of what was possible then.

Reactions: Dax279
My new P100D has just the standard audio system, I noticed an area for tweeters at the bottom of the A pillars in the front by the dash. Does the base model have tweeters in this location or are they only in the UHFD system?

Was going to pull the trim and take a look, but wasn't sure if that trim piece for the A pillars was just put on with snap fasters or if there was a hidden screw somewhere.
Yes...such as they are. You can see them using a bright flashlight.